Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon fishing on the Little River Inlet In Marinette, WI
[center][size 1][#004000]Here is a colorful report about some rough and tough anglers with tactics that do not mix. I found that this report is entertaining and full of caution, Meaning if I see these guys on the river, I am moving up stream [laugh][/#004000] [/size][/center] [center][Image: winner.gif][/center] [center][#ff0000]Week Ending 11-16-02: [/#ff0000]
[/center]

WEll, I have not written in a while because I could not get logged onto the bigfishtackle network for the longest time. I have been fishing for salmon the last four weekends and three of them have been experiences I will never forget. The first weekend, My buddies and I went and ended up with 18 salmon. It was an awesome weekend. THey were biting on fake and real spawn. The weekend after that, only one other friend and I went down and Ended up with ten fish before midnight. The only good part about this night was the fact that we caught ten fish also on fake and real spawn sacks. We probably lost about 20 hooks and sinkers due to line problems (Imagine that huh). Then, I got my finger attached to a hook which was still attached to a fish which was not too happy about being out of the water. I really wanted to beat the tar out of that stupid thing. My finger bled like a stuck pig. THen, to make matters worse, While trying to net one of my buddies' fish, the fish went between my legs wrapping the line around my legs. I tried to get my foot out but did not make it in time. I found myself sitting in the river with water going down the back of my waders. Let me tell you, Not A GOOD THING!!!!. THe third weekend was awesome. My buddies and I ended up with 19 salmon before midnight.--fake and real spawn again. THis was one minus our limit due to one of my buddies having to leave a little earlier than the rest of us. I knew pretty soon they would be done spawning, and the last weekend we went we only caught one. ALL in all it was a great year of Salmon fishing and the top story I heard of the year besides me filling my waders and my buddy almost getting knocked down my a salmon running into his leg, was the one I heard that happened on one of the weekends we went fishing but left early. There is a dock located at the Little River inlet that is several yards out in the water. Many Salmon fishermen fish off the end of this dock--Including drunk ones. ONe weekend a salmon bit on the line of one of the drunk guys and pulled him off of the end of the dock and into the water. WEll, that is salmon fishing this year Now it is onto fishing for browns and steelhead.
[signature]
fishinwithsteph,
First of all Welcome Back To the Boards!
I got to say your report is a good one and I fully enjoyed it!
Sorry to hear about the sore finger, but I can't resist asking!
When that water was going down your waders, Was it cold enough to wake you up and make you stand back up quickly?[sly]
[signature]
We fish the start of the river which is basically the lake. I know it is legal because the game wardens come and don't kick anyone off or give tickets. Somethimes there are more than one hundred guys there.
[signature]