Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bassin' @ pineview
hey guys, What species of bass are in Pineview? What are the populations like? I think I remember seeing some smallies come out of there. I know that largemouth love them crappie. so throw me a bone!
[signature]
Hey Cliff Pineview is loaded with smallies, a few largemouth still there mostly 3-4 pounders high water should help the spawn more largemouth in the future[Smile] smallies are averageing 12-14 inches with many above 15 in. you guys should have a ut tournament there. all are very fat and healthy
[signature]
We have landed smalles over 21 in. in pineview.
[signature]
[cool]Welcome to the board, Bassin_Blitz. You'll like it here quite a bit.
[signature]
Smallmouth and largemouth.
Smallmouth by the gozillion
Largemouth not so commonly caught, but not so commonly fished for.
Last year my biggest smallmouth was 18 inches.
Two more between 16 and 17 inches, and a stack of 2 lbers. Theres a tomegun size plethora of 10 inchers in there that you can catch all day long if thats what you want.

I believe that if you look through the doug miller archives from last year they did a piece on the res, and they had underwater footage of the smallmouth schools in pineview. Hordes and hordes of them. Theres so many dog gone 10 - 12 inchers in there it will amaze you.

Now if only they would lower the size restriction, tomegun could have a smallmouth fish fry up there.
[signature]
[green][size 2]Its harder than it looks trying to teach you how to fish[Tongue].
[/size][/green]

[signature]