Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurray - we are back in business
Well it looks like we are back in business. But it is like opening a remodeled store with no inventory. Anything happening in the fly fishing world during our absence? I guess with all the imitation flies around this board a real bug must have slipped in and got even.
[signature]
Hey Dryrod!! Welcome back. It looks like something will "Emerge" from this little reopening ceremony. Maybe we should decorate a little. Do you have any "Streamers"?[cool]
[signature]
Thanks tubeN2 - I have several streamers. Should I place them on my monitor or mouse?lol 
I usually like the streamer on the end of a long leader going down a nice stream in Idaho while looking for that record Brookie.[cool]
[signature]
It's good to see you are back. Now if the water will slow down and clear up, here in Northern Utah, we will get back to fishing!
[signature]
Good luck there DSK. I guess that if I am going to do any fly fishing I will have to head North. Weather just jumped up into the high 90's here in SOCAL. 
[signature]
Back ... Back .... Where di ..... Oh ya....... that's right!

Just foolin' wit ya!

Hope we can get access to the archives even if we have to start over again on the current board.

Shall I start the ball rolling on building up those threads again? Question: How long can you keep your flys alive before they won't be good for bait anymore?

JapanRon
[signature]
Yes you may give the ball a shove - but I don't think that it will roll up hill very far. lol. Apparently flys have a very short life span. I guess that is why when I open my fly box they don't fly away. 
[signature]
Hey there Dryrod,

Reeeeeaaaaly, Although very quiet in the box, it seems like every time I put one of those little buggers on my tippit, in approximately 4~5 casts their [size 2]adrenaline kicks in and they fly off into every tree, bush, submerged log, and rock pile within 50 feet of where I'm standing. Let me know what species you're using and I'll switch. JapanRon 
[signature]
I use to use a Spanish fly but I couldn't understand them. You would think that they would be great for Spanish Mackerel. 
[signature]
I found that keeping flies in a ziploc baggie does not keep them fresh. They remain dry 

Then again, dry flies are kicking on the top water right now. They kicked so hard, they knocked my sunglasses for a loop.

This is a little 2lb LMB caught on an olive wooley bugger at a private lake. 
[signature]