Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headed to Bear Lake
[Wink] A friend and I are headed to Bear Lake Friday I'll report afterward. I am curious if anyone has seen much whitefish activity yet? It shouldn't be too far away. The whitefish run is some of the fasted and funnest fishing of the year on Bear Lake.
[signature]
Where will the best whitefish action be this year? It used to be off Gus's point but the water is to low there this year to cover the rocks. I do believe Cisco is the only rocky shoreline left. Do you have any thoughts on this? We are headed back to the rockpile Saturday afternoon for some more mac fishing.
[signature]
Fishnate, I will be at bear lake friday too. You going to be in a boat or on shore? Creatliner, check in friday night, lets see if we cant get you a current fishing report before you head up saturday.
Predator, we actually are going for the night bite so we'll be at the marina dike around 9:00 PM and fishin til about 2:00 AM. My friend went last Sat and his group got a couple of macs so I hope the macs are still there. If you are there say hi. I haven't got my boat yet but I'm going to check it out thoroughly on Sat.
[signature]
Went out last night. Fished from 4:45 to 9:00 caught 4 fish and lost two. Not many fish in shallows though. I had every fish I saw take it. I think the run is over but boy the few that are left were nice and agressive. Do it with a fly rod it's twice the fun.

let'm grow,

tighline
[signature]
Hey tightline, thanks for the post and glad to hear you got some action! Any tips you may be willing to share as to color, size, or retrieve speed to the flies you used? I plan on taking the fly rod as well as several other rods for bait and lures. I release 99% of all fish I catch to the dismay of my friend. Hope we do as good as you did.
[signature]
fishnate,

They like things the bigger the better. I mean really big(10") and they like slow presentation. If you want to catch the big females you really need to slow things down. I have been fishing these guys on the spawn up there for over 10 years and have caught a bunch on both spin and fly outfits but this year I believe I have finally become really effective at it. Send me a private message before going up and I will give you a few hints.

Mac's on a flyrod! It just doesn't get any better than this. Well maybe Muskies. (Has anyone here done that?)

tightline
[signature]
Thanks for the tip tightline. We'll see if things work out tonight. I may have been going to fast in the past. I didn't see an email in your profile so I couldn't contact you that way but thats OK.
[signature]