Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry still liquid

Went up to mud creek today!
Nocked em dead. NOT!
My hopes of walking on water were dashed,not that there was no ice but what was walkable, was over too shallow of water to fish and edge ice is about 4 feet around the rest. I did take my long rod just in case and that did alow me to catch 2 very nice cutthroat of which both proceeded to kick my butt and leave me to re-rig. Not bad for 2 hrs. of fishing.
Tried white jigs no luck,yellow sierra gold did the job.
Sounds like it won't be long for anglers to walk on water! The ice is forming up. Just today the weather here finaly got down to freezing so it might not be long for Southern Ohio eather![cool]
[signature]
[size 3]I fished it 2 years ago when only acouple of bays had ice and it was only 3-4 inches thick. I knew it would be shallow so I drilled my first hole and just as i punched threw my auger hit bottom. So I continued to drill till I found a creek channel that gave me a depth of about six feet and since I was already there I fished right there. In about 30 seconds I had my first fish and continued to catch fish about every 10 minutes after that. The schools were coming up the creek channel every ten minutes and I would catch about 3 fish every time. You should have seen the look on the boaters faces when they would pull up to that little chunk of ice and see me reel in fish. I am thinking that in a week or 2 I will go check out the bays to see if it is safe ice.[/size]
[signature]
Hey Rainbow sparkle just wondering were did you get that name? I figured you got that name by being the master of power bait is that true? By the way what did you catch your fish on at Strawberry.
[signature]
[size 2]Hey skeeter2, I am only the grasshoper and you are the master. You taught me how to use it and now I never leave home with out it! Have you seen the new Turbo Power Bait? I caught those fish on the same lures I stole from your tackle box, white foxy jig on top and fire fly on bottom. That was the same day that you were up there and me and ryan went to Indian creek[/size].
[signature]
[sly]Hey Sparkle boy I think you have that backwords think hard and remember the last time we went to the Berry. There was Predator, Me and you. If you remember your the one with the catch all bait and you royaly kicked my butt. By the way I have not seen the new turbo power bait. Does it work well old Master. Just for thought one of us needs to go and check the Ice status on Woodruff It should be getting close.
[signature]
[size 2]You taught me well. Thanks! I'm ready to check out woodruff. It's my boys birthday this weekend so it will have to wait till thanksgiving. I took one day off of work that week and am planning on filming deer over there and plan to fish it then.[/size]
[signature]

R.S. thanks
I should be hit up side the head for not thinking of that.next time I go up I'll be thiking of you!!!
[signature]