Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a record?
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Last night on the news they showed a video of a catfish that apparently set an all time record. Since I wasn't paying close attention I think they said it's weight was around 145 lbs and I believe it was caught in the Kansas area. Did anyone hear the details of this story?[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I heard the same thing, however, I haven't been able to find anything out. I wanted to know if it was a blue cat or a Flat head. I'm thinking that size, it had to be a flat head. I wonder what he was using for bait.[cool]
[signature]
It was actually a 124lb Blue Cat caught in Illinois.
Here is a picture of it. It's too bad that it died. There is a brief story about it under the picture.

[Image: capt.cx10405242112.big_catfish_cx104.jpg]

KANSAS CITY, Kan. - A record 124-pound blue catfish caught earlier this week by an Illinois man fishing in the Mississippi River died on its way to the Cabela's Outfitter store where it was to go on display.

Tim Pruitt, 33, of Godfrey, Ill., caught the world-record blue catfish early Sunday near Alton.
The fish, measuring 58 inches long and 44 inches around, was kept alive and was to be displayed in a tank at Cabela's in Kansas City, Kan., but it died en route to the store.
"We're baffled by this," Fred Cronin, a fisheries biologist for the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, told The Kansas City Star. "We took a lot of precautions to see that the fish was comfortable.
"But we're talking about a fish that was very old, very heavy," he said. "The stress of being transported like that could have been too much."
[signature]
[Sad][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]Thanks for the follow up Steve. Sorry to hear that the big cat didn't make it. Had the number right but in the wrong order.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]