Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden to Idaho Help!!!
Ok Idaho BFTer's,where is some good camping and fishing areas?Dont want to drive all day to get some where just a couple hours from Ogden!Any help would be appreciated. PEACE!!!
[signature]
Go to the Malad area lakes. There are a bunch of lakes only a short distance from each other. I live in Cache Valley and it is eaier to go to Idaho and have good fishing than it is here in Utah. The fishing has been good at any of the lakes like Deep creek or Devils. There is camping at both. Have fun. Any other Questions just pm me
[signature]
If you like Bass and Bluegill the Preston area lakes are fun. Kind of primitive camping at Condie and others.

Windriver
[signature]
You have already been some good advice on where to fish. I have seen several people camp at Condie before but I read in the local paper last year that it is illegal. I have never seen signs at Condie that say it is illegal to camp there but the only place you could camp would be the parking area.
[signature]
We have camped in the parking lot at Condie for years; like 20 years. I did not know that it was illegal. That is interesting. We do camp in the parking lot. I guess I will have to do some research on this. I have never been questioned on this issue. We have been checked by the Fish and Game several times.

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]What I read in the paper did make it sound like all camping at Condie is prohibited but the author might have not considered camping in the parking lot. What I read in the paper may have been directed at the people that were camping on the private land adjacent to the parking lot or along other parts of the shoreline. Unless there is a sign in the parking lot that says, “no camping allowed” I wouldn’t hesitate to camp in the parking lot if I ever had the desire to do so. If you are looking at doing more camping than fishing I would consider camping somewhere besides Condie. The warm water species should be very active this weekend so if there are very many bass or bluegills in the lake that you are fishing you shouldn't have much trouble catching them. The trout will have moved to slightly deeper water but as always it will be just as easy to catch trout from the shore as a boat.
With the exception of Oneida Reservoir and a small chunk of land adjacent to Twin Lakes, the land that surrounds all of the lakes in the Preston area is private. From what I understand the Twin Lakes Canal Company owns much of this land but local farmers and other individuals own the land on the shore of many of these lakes. The private land owners have total control over public access to these lakes, so please be respectful of their land when you are fishing/camping at these lakes. A good example of what type of control these landowners have is when the Twin Lakes Canal Company recently started to charge a small fee to access Twin Lakes.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
It is a long story, but basicaly we started the tradition of camping at Condie because Winder went bad a long time ago. We enjoy concentrating on bluegill for a couple of days and for many years Condie was the place. I caught one that was 2 oz. from the state record. Then Condie dried up and we moved to Johnson and Lamont. Then Johnson was drained and we are now trying to decide between Condie and Twin Lakes again. Are the bluegill in Condie really back in force?

Thanks
Windriver
[signature]
I haven't had time to get out and fish any of the lakes around Preston this spring so I wouldn't be able to give you up to date info about the bluegills in those lakes. I have fished those lakes a fair amount during the past five years so I'll try to give you some info that will be usefull.
I wouldn't say that the bluegill in Condie are "back in force" when compared to some of the stories that I have heard about how good the bluegill fishing was in the past. The first time that I fished Condie was only about 5 years ago. I have never found the bluegill fishing at Condie as good as some of the other lakes in the area and as a result haven't spent much time fishing for bluegills at Condie. I had a day in 2003 that I was able to catch 8-9 inch bluegills but lake wide I haven't found the numbers of bluegill that some of the other lakes have. Last year I never fished Condie for bluegills but I did see a fair poplulation of bluegills in the shallows. I have never caught or seen a 10" bluegill at Condie.
Twin Lakes would probably be your best bet for bluegills. From what I saw last year Winder might be a very good bluegill fishery this year. I have also heard some good reports about bluegill fishing at Lamont. Johnson was drained dry the summer of 2003. From what I have heard the F&G planted bluegills in Johnson. In a couple years Johnson may once again be a fine bluegill fishery.
[signature]