Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell @ Bullfrog 05/21 - 05/24
I just go back from my yearly treck to Lake Powell a few days ago. We had a great time and, for the most part, the fishing was good for us despite the full moon. This was not the case for most of the people that we talked with, as we were treated like celebreties at the fish cleaning station. Man it was HOT there!!! About 100 degrees every day and thats hot in an open deck bass boat! We pitched our tents about 30 feet from the shoreline on Saturday morning and by Monday night the water was 6 inches from our tent, so we had to move it further up the shoreline. We trolled in the mornings and evenenings and then night fished with a submersible light until about 1 am every night. We mainly fished for Striped Bass. Our trip total was 89 stripers, 2 walleye, and 3 channel catfish. We got home and had a big fish fry and invited the neighborhood. We battered and deep fried the bass, fish-and-chips stlye. They were very good. We won't have any problems giving away the fillets that we can't use, all of which are vacuum sealed and frozen. The pictures we took didn't do the fish justice, they averaged 3 to 5 pounds each and fought like freight trains. Our largest was 7 pounds and we had several really close to that size. (See pictures)
[signature]
Congrats on a fun and successful trip! I was down there a couple of weeks ago and had similar success . . . BOY that lake can be fun!!! (it was my first time). And aren't those stripers FAT??? We caught a 9lber!

Just wondering what you were using? We had most our success on JP anchovies.
[signature]
I am soooo jealous! Nice trip and thanks for the report. Maybe we'll do better on our next trip. Nice pics too
[signature]