Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wiggins dam yesterday
well talk about a day of hit and miss fishing , this was that kind of day .
first the boat trailer had a couple of flats , had to fix them before daybreak , so i also took the extra time to grease the bearings .
unfortunatly , the caps were kinda old , rust had taken it's toll and the caps were just about gone . a trip to the auto parts store netted me one cap that fits and another that barely fit , i lost it by the end of the day .
going from lake to lake , every boat launch was packed with weekend warriors and there pontoons and jetskis , long lines of them .
anyway , by the time i got into position for unloading a big old thunderboomer would roll in and everyone would rush into the launch . this kept happining at every lake .
fustrated , i decided to hit the honey hole , what a payoff that was .
started tossing out a few panthers hoping for a brown and got pike after pike , all undersize but still fun to play with . no leaders , 6 pound test , that'll hone your skills for sure .
tossed out a few rapallas after that without a hit at all , the fish never touched them .
after that i bobber fished the current with some canadian crawlers . got a bunch of gills and one largemouth , that was just before the big rockbass started hitting , i know a couple of them would go master anglers but i didn't have the camera with me .
figured i'de give the pike another try and put on another lure , this time a mepps number two , tossed it up in the flats and got slammed hard .
after about 10 minutes of back and forth fighting i got a couple of glimpses of the fish , at first i thought it was a carp , then i saw the stripes . big bass , a really big bass .
i had him hooked on the lip but not to good , definatley a wall hanger , buy he wasn't going to give up easy . one jump and the mepps was sailing back at me .
thats one thing i love about fishing the dams , there's always a big one in there somewhere , ya never know when they will hit but when they do , your in for some fun .
don't know where i'm headed off to today .
[signature]

[Image: wall.cgi?do=view_image&id=1552]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id...rch_engine]

well ya got me on the bass and pike, I did ok with the gills, Just look in the attachment below,

I entered three species on the contest, Rock Bass, Blue Gill, Largmouth Bass.

the lmbass did not score, the measurment pic did not come out of the digital, hopefuly it is still on the chip and I can pull it out later, the rock bass is a master angler and the gills we caught are all 10 inches... all 50 of them.... we threw back all the ones with eggs in them....
[signature]
I almost forgot to mention, I caught all them gills under this... Look at the attatchment below
[signature]
Is this you AL?
[signature]