Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing on the Peshtigo River in Peshtigo WI
WEll, THis weekend my buddy and I went down to the Peshtigo RIver in Peshtigo WI. We had heard that the Browns and Steelhead were hitting pretty good. We got there and instead of hitting all the browns and steelhead we hit a ton of 8-12 in. Rainbows. I could see the browns surfacing but they would not hit. ANyway,It was a blast. I had really never been fishing in a blizzard before, but it was great. IT snowed basically all day, and like two morons, we were wading in the river not being able to feel our feet. It was a great time with the fly-rod. I will be going down again this week and weekend. Hopefully I will be able to hook into a couple of those browns. The rainbows were biting on just some fake spawn. You could not keep them off the hook.

DOuglas
[signature]
Did you get any pic's? Good luck on them Browns and Steelhead![Smile]
[signature]
NO, DIdn't get any pictures of the rainbows, but have a bunch of pictures of the salmon from this year's salmon fishing.
[signature]
[font "Arial Unicode MS"][size 3] [/size][/font]I have fished in blizzard conditions and I can say that it is exhilarating to say the least. It gives me a sense of being set back in time and place away form today’s realm.

Them bows are a lot of fun to hook into on a fly rod, no doubt.

Salmon pics are nice too.

If you would like to share them with us by all means post them with their stories, if you have difficulties posting your pic’s you can send them to me and I will stick them into your posts for you.

You can send them to me via privet message and upload the pic file from your computer.

Thanks for your report.

Your friend in fishing Dave T. Clown
[signature]
Hi , lonehunter here ,

I see it's been a while since you have been to the BigFishTackle boards . With the spring runs about to begin I thought this would be the perfect time to get you reaquanted with the boards and into the free contests here . We not only have the weekly tackle give -a -way for members but we also have the 16 species contest and the product testers wanted board as well . if you need any help at all stop by the michigan board and give me a shout , i'll be right on it .

Thanks !

your fishing pal , lonehunter
[signature]