Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is your hunting dog in danger?
[center]I was looking at the news tonight between fish post and saw a disturbing report about dog food contamination.[/center] [center][/center] [center]it would seem that there are no restrictions on how uthinised catle, horses and other farm animals are disposed of[/center] [center][/center] [center]gess were they are ending up, thats right in your best friends bowl, by your own hand.[/center] [center][/center] [center]FDA/Center for Veterinary Medicine[/center] [center]Survey #1, qualitative analyses for pentobarbital residue Dry dog food samples purchased in Laurel, MD, area[/center] [center][/center] [center]pentobarbital is the same drug used by vets and animal control facilities to put down pets and strays[/center] [center][/center] [center]check this link to see if the food you are serving your pup is on the list of those tested positive or safe.[/center] [center][/center] [center][url "http://www.fda.gov/cvm/efoi/dfchart.doc"][#ff0000][size 2]http://www.fda.gov/cvm/efoi/dfchart.doc[/size][/#ff0000][/url][/center]
[signature]
WOW !!!!
Thanks Dave,
That list is three pages long!
There is alot of bad dogfood on the shelf! Some of it is what I was feeding to my own pets! I will be headed to the store in the AM to get diffrent food from the list that has passed the tests!
[signature]
I was unhappy when I found that I had a new big bag of it at home too,

Make sense that my dog was showing signs of unhealthy behavior and would not eat the food any more.

I will be putting the bag in the porch for the rats.
[signature]
What I have has already gone to the barn! I will mix it with some of my rat poisun and start feeding the rats alot more than I have in the past! We all can use it as a filler for the rats. As much as is out there, if it all went to the rats me might have to put them on the indangered spiecies list. LOL
[signature]