Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pfluger
Anyone use pfluger gear? I broke 2 of the same rods already, I broke both all within a month to. I have shamino and even shakespear rods that have lasted 3+ yrs . Has anyone els had problems with pfluger rods/reels?
[signature]
Pfluger is "suppose" to have high speed equipment, I wasn't impressed. I've owned a single Pfluger rod, and needless to say I no longer have it. I've written this a hundred time, Ugly Stiks by Shakespear are hands down the best light to medium action rods on the market, and they won't cost you an arm and a leg to purchase. I've broken every type of rod i've ever owned except two, Ugly Stiks and Penn Mariner stand-up rods. Trust me, I do nothing but hunt big game fish, for over 15 years, if you're not using an ugly stik, you're just asking for it.
[signature]
I agree the pfluger rods are terrible, and even the reel had some serious problems. My new set up right now for one of my freshwater rigs is a new rod that shamano makes and the shamano sahara reel. Everyone tells me to get an ulgy stick but I dont really like how flexible they are, depending on what kind of fishing Im doing I usualy prefer a stiffer rod. I know Ill eventually buy an ulgystick though, I really like their new rod (I think its new) Its called like an ulgystick advance..or something along those lines. Its $100 though so hopefully its good.
[signature]
Hey Gcast,

Ugly Stik has a model called an "Intercoastal" that is not as limber as the traditional black with the yellow trim. I have a couple of those and they have a much stiffer action with the same unbreakable construction. I've been having trouble finding anymore of them. You might want to look into that though. If you come up with anything, let me know. I"d like to have a few more of them. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks Tarpon, Im gona keep an eye out for that one. Im guessing the intercoastal is only saltwater? I dont think Iv been to clear on my pfluger posts, but now Im looking for a stiff ulgystick for saltwater and freshwater. My new shamano is the "Carbomax" It flexes perfect and handles well for what I paid for it. Ill keep you posted on the ulgy stick, lately Iv been hitting fishing shops daily. The addiction has taken over again, and Im stuck blowing $ on fresh AND salt water gear equally.[unimpressed]
[signature]
[center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4][Tongue]Don't understand how one can break so many rods. I have been fishing way before fiberglass rods were invented by Shakespeare in 1954 and have yet to break a rod fishing. Now driving over one is a different story. If I owned a Pflueger rod and it broke I would be calling their headquaters to complain. Bet that they would send me a replacement. Call them at:[/size][/#008000][/font][/center]1-800-334-9105 (For warranty & repair ask for Service)
[signature]
Normally Im the kind of person who would call the company immediately but their reel, and everything about the rod was terrible. I already got a free replacement, hated it and it broke. Im done with them.
[signature]
[center][Wink][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]That is a good enough reason for me. I have never owned a Pflueger rod or reel so I can't past judgement on their products.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
Well your not missing out by never owing a pfluger [cool]. Im much happier with my shamano carbomax and sahara reel.
[signature]
I've had a pfluegger reel for the past 3 years and the only time I've had problems with it was when I got sand in the drag system. Other than that, not one problem with it.

I have played with their rods in the stores and just don't care for how the feel. I've actually been going with Guide Series lately. Great quality for the price.
[signature]
[reply]
I've written this a hundred time, Ugly Stiks by Shakespear are hands down the best light to medium action rods on the market, and they won't cost you an arm and a leg to purchase. [/reply]
[signature]
I have actually graduated to st. criox and lamis, Yeah their WAY more $ than ulgys but they preform MUCH better.
[signature]
[reply]
Anyone use pfluger gear? I broke 2 of the same rods already, I broke both all within a month to. I have shamino and even shakespear rods that have lasted 3+ yrs . Has anyone els had problems with pfluger rods/reels?[/reply]
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]I have a pflueger rod that is about 2 ft long and it is okay. I only use it for ice fishing though. I always have used fenwick rods. I don't know why but I like the feel of the fenwicks better.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I have a Pflueger 4 1/2 foot combo that I have had for about 6 year now. It catches lots of small to medium fish without a problem.

It has never seen line over 4# test.[cool]
[signature]
[size 1]"their reel, and everything about the rod was terrible. I already got a free replacement, hated it and it broke. Im done with them."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Send it to me... I'll send it back to them for another...[Wink][/size]
[signature]
the best rod in the world is worthless if you dont have a respectable reel...

Having a quality drag that wont tighten or loosen on a big run will make all the diffrence in bring home a trophy fish or a pile of kindling.

I have never used those my self, cheep is cheep, but "Junk" is junk and I agree with ya, if it is junk I wont even give it away... especialy not to a kid who will learn bad pratices and be discurraged by faulty equipment...

Ya did the right thing...
[signature]
My brother has gone threw 3 reels.
I dont care for them much. his rod has held up.
They were not impressive at all. wipers and bass destroyed them.
Luckly sportsmans ware house traded him in each time.
[signature]