Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money no object
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]If money was no object what fly rod & reel would you buy and where would you be heading onyour first fishing trip?[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
I'd get a Penn International Series fly rod/reel and go to the South Florida Flats[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 4]After some bone fish, huh![/size][/green][/font][/center]
[signature]
Hey there Dryrod,

A Thomas and Thomas Salmon rod for $3,000.00 and a $1,500.00 Henschel reel for a trip to Iceland might be nice.

The 5-6K bamboo rods don't impress me! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
[center][cool][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]Hey there JapanRon, Now you have the right idea. If it is someone elses money - go for it. That makes me sound like a politician doesn't it![/size][/#008000][/font][/center]
[signature]
hey japanron took my answer,butmy trip would be alaska for 2 months
[signature]
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][#008000][size 4]I would spend a couple of weeks in Alaska and another two in New Zealand, mate.[/size][/#008000][/font][Wink][/center]
[signature]
Thomas & Thomas rod, Lamson reel.

As far as destination goes . . . I would retire and fish the western US starting with my home waters here in Utah, then Washington, Oregon, California, and Idaho.

Good to have the board back up!
[signature]