Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge June 4-5
Fished the Gorge this past weekend and had good success. We fished Red Cliffs near Sheep Creek and the Hideout area for Kokanee. We boated 17 kokanee in about 6-7 hours of fishing for both days. The water temp was 61 degrees and the fish were about 30-35 feet deep. The weather was cold on Saturday with mixed rain showers, even had a pretty good hail storm on Saturday afternoon. Sunday was beautiful in the morning, but we got blown off the lake about noon. Had great success with shasta products behind sling blades. The orange glow cripple lure, the pink headed koke-nut, and the fluorescent red humdinnger all landed fish. The best thing we found was the bright green apex behind either a 4/0 green jensen dodger, or a green and stainless small sling blade. Im sure we would have caught more fish if the weather had been a little better. I'll be back there again on the 30th of June.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, is sounds like a fun weekend at the Gorge. Was there any size to the kokes? Did you catch any lake trout? WH2
[signature]
The biggest Koke was 3.25 lbs. As for Lake Trout we did not even try this week. I had my wife and kids with me so we stuck to one thing. I will definately go after the macs later this month when I am up there.
[signature]
good to hear that you had some success! was the water dirty at sheep creek? also, did you graph any fish deeper that might be lakers? thanks for the report!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Sounds like the usual FG weekend as far as the weather, lol..
We're scheduled to arrive there on the afternoon of 17th and stick around until the afternoon of the 21st. As usual Mac will be our main target but we will also wet a line for koke this go-round.
[signature]
The water was supprisingly clear at Sheep Creek. As for graphing Mac's I saw quite a few that were between 60-90 feet. I did talk to one guy that had two in the 20lb range that was fishing in the same area. I did not ask what he caught them on.
[signature]
Thank's for the report...I alway's like to here when people have success on my stuff,I will be up there this weekend from Thur- Sun so we'll see what happen's! Thank's again for the report sorry my P.M. got to you a little late Hope you have a good trip at the end of the month.
Jared Johnson Shasta Tackle
[signature]