Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regulations ?
continuous changes to our hunting rules and regulations have become rediculous to say the least . since i have been hunting i have seen more changes that are nessecary . even the c.e.o. 's of the d.n.r. have lap-tops with them because some of the laws change during the hunting season on a day by day basis . the d.n.r. had it's c.e.o.'s enforse a baiting law a few years ago that was deemed illeagel after the season because it was a department of agriculture juristicunal issue . in a no baiting area a hunter can be fined $2500.00 , loose his gun , vehical , and hunting privilages and be prohibited from ever going into that county ever again if a single carrot is found whithin 500 feet of his location while hunting , weather or not he new the carrot was there . but a farmer can put a hunting stand up in the middle of his cornfeild in the same area , and not be touched ! ( i don't bait , but i fail to see the d.n.r.'s logic in this )
button bucks , spike length changes , antler count , diferent areas different lengths and counts , doe , no doe areas , private land , state land ,( i hunt for the meat , points are just a bonus ) five gal , 2 gal , in a ten foot area , spreaders , no tree stand , tree stand , hunting boundreys listed in ways that only a surveyer would understand instead of by county lines . disabled hunters can shoot from there car , but , the d.n.r. has put up baracades that limits the areas that they may hunt in . we have a fishing spot up here that the d.n.r. has installed a turnstyle you walk thru to get in , but not if your in a wheelchair ( to narrow )! charging our service personel a hunting fee now - which i think is descrasefull concidering there lives can be put on the line at any moment for the good of our country . and whats with signing your license ? it has your drivers license number on it !
i was once duck hunting at point mouley in monroe when a c.e.o. called me out of the swamp to check me out , he kept his hand on his sidearm as i climed up the bank out of the water so the last thing i was going to do was start racking my gun , he informed me he had the power to arrest me and to send me to jail for the next two years for having a loaded gun on the road ( the road runs on top of the dikes thru-out the state land swamps ). gee , two years or get shot , what a choice !
we have an area up here that you can rifle hunt on but you can't bow hunt on even during gun season !the same area you can run dogs on but you can't ride bicycles or horses or hike in , state land ! our land ! too many rules , no wonder it's discouraging for our young hunters to get a start , one honest mistake and your screwed !
at deer camp we have hunting licenses from the early sixteys on to the present . one page pamplets that explaned the do's and don'ts from the early days , who knows a lap top for next year ?
[signature]
Ya know the varied laws you speak of here in Michigan are hair rising to say the least.

And with that new governor we just put in office is one of the worst when it comes to citizen’s rights. She has allowed unruly officers write the laws as they go while she was the head police officer. (Attorney general) these officers who are in bed with her know that they can get away with all kinds of bull while she is in office and will not hesitate to harass citizens wherever they are even on their own land as I was this year. One of her bed fellows, (as I call unlawful officers) threatened to kick my head in if I did not stop complaining about being harassed and assaulted on the very privet road on which I live.

As for possessing a firearm on the road that is the biggest crock of donkey droppings I have ever heard. That is just not true. Thank god we have our favorite lawyer Fred Trost to keep us advised of Michigan laws if any one gets them selves into a bind from one of these self appointed lawmakers on the field. (Don’t get me wrong many of the old timers are good men and hold up the laws with out having to validate their man hood with their obstruction of the law. and are not looking for a political career like some of these nonchalant officers)

I my self worked for the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, there are in deed bad apples in the barrel, cant be helped, some were bad from the get go but could not be found out, some went bad after their induction, while others try to live their lives and that means their with their jobs as well with the utmost respect of the law and life.

Any way to get back on track, you are absolutely correct that things have gotten out of hand. Them books are atrocious. (Ya that right folks books) there are 3-4 fishing books you need to read to stay our of trouble and hunting books there are about 3-4 of them as well.

If I did not know better I would say that they do this just to keep people out of the know so they don’t have a clue as to what the laws are in the field.
[signature]
It never ceases to amaze me how people behind a desk (that wouldn't know a .338 from a Boron fishing rod) can decide on silly laws. If we allowed our Biologists and trained Wildlife Officers to run things, all of us would have a lot less headaches trying to figure out wildlife laws. Many of the decision makers neither hunt or fish. That should be a mandantory requirement to be in the Wildlife business. Good hunting, Ghost
[signature]
I agree with ya Ghost on this one 200%

Most of these politicians must have barely gotten a "D" in environmental science in the third grade of elementary school and that is what they claim to be their expertise when it comes to protecting and governing our natural resources.

I give them the "Dunce Hat Award" and the "Bubble Gum On The Nose In The Corner Award" I would like to give the "Slap On The Hand With The Ruler Award" for even thinking about the deciding what is best for the environment. They aint got a clue, its that or their consciences were bought off!!!!
[signature]