Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW MODERATOR
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Hey, all you Arizona anglers and angler-esses, let’s get something going here. I have just been appointed as the moderator for the Arizona forum and I would like to see us have an active and helpful site for anyone who fishes in our state…or wants to.[/size][/font]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]There are a lot things I hope to be doing to make this a good place to hang out. Obviously, I would like to see reports of fishing trips…successful or not…which include valuable info such as water temps and clarity, species taken, best baits and/or lures, etc. In our current water shortage situation, it would also be good to post water levels and launching conditions.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I also believe this should be a good multi-species, all tackle, boating and non-boating forum. And, since I am a float-tube fanatic myself, we will be very friendly to those who fish from tubes, kick boats and pontoons.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Fishing is meant to be fun, and that will be the tone of this forum. Keep it light and friendly. Caring and sharing between fellow fisherpersons. Any posts that are mean-spirited or unduly derogatory will be quickly edited or deleted. [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I am going to try to post weekly “Hot Bite” tips and suggestions, for those trying to decide where to go and what to fish for. I will be relying not only on the participation of forum readers, but will be maintaining interactive contact with some of the better “tackletoriums” in the state, to try to keep current info available.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Who am I? I’m someone who was born in Idaho and grew up in a fishing family. I moved to California in my early teens and added salt-water fishing to my enjoys. Both as a youngster and an adult I have traveled all over the country, and across the USA borders both north and south. There are very few (if any) species of fish in the U.S., Canada or Mexico that I have not had the pleasure of meeting…fresh or salt water.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I live in Chandler. I lived in Tucson for several years, before moving to Phoenix, so I am on a first name basis with most of the waters in the southern part of the state, as well as those within easy striking range of Phoenix. I admit to not spending as much time as I would like in the trout ponds to the north. But, hey, I’m from Idaho. I’m spoiled. So much water, so little time.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I have always had a fondness for the Sea of Cortez, and enjoy excursions to the Sonora Coast. In fact, I have float tubed a great deal of that beautiful water…and have been abused by countless species of those willing fishies down there.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I am a tackle tinkerer too. I build rods, make jigs and other lures, tie flies, repair tackle and all that stuff. I can provide scanned pics, diagrams and personal writeups on almost any aspect of those things that someone might need for “special projects”.[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]But, enough about me. Let’s start all over here. How about a few folks jumping in, making quick introductions and let’s all get to know each other. I know, from my local excursions upon the water that there are more than a few fishermen (and ladies too) in our fine state. How about getting some chatter goin’?[/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I know there are readers who have never bothered to register and post. Come on in. It ain’t difficult. And, just so you know, you will begin as “Greenhorn”. As the number of your posts increases, you will be a “Nightcrawler”. Then you progress through various species of fish…as your icons. So, sign on, get active and work your way up the ranks.[/font][/size]
[signature]
Hey Tube Dude,

How is it going?

Good to see some one with your’ energy and enthusiasms taking on the task of making this state informative and friendly. welcome aboard.
[signature]
Hello tube dude from utah. I just wanted to say your horse for trade is almost ready. Hope you like your new toys. I will be trying your stuff through the ice this weekend at scofield. Have fun and good fishing down there.Aron
Howya doin' Bro? I saw your post that you and GF were going to give those Scofield trout a workout. First couple of weeks after iceup are usually as good as it gets. Hope you knock em dead. Let me know if you can fool any of those big fat ones with the deadly bait bugs.

Looking forward to trying some of your flutter spoons.
[signature]
Hey TubeDude,

Lots of changes around here. Took me a minute to get it all figured out. I'm ready for fishing season buddy. I'm hopefully headed out his weekend so maybe I'll have something to post!
Good to see you made it back on, look forward to reading that report. One thing I can tell you is that all the newer post that were made last year are at the other end of pages and as I'm sure you noticed, the oldest post are the beginning, that is why you are replying to an 18 year old post.
Yeah I kinda figured that out after I posted the reply. It'll take some getting used to I'm sure. National Forest Lakes are all closed down here. I had to find out the hard way.
(03-28-2020, 05:51 PM)jaybird77 Wrote: Yeah I kinda figured that out after I posted the reply. It'll take some getting used to I'm sure. National Forest Lakes are all closed down here. I had to find out the hard way.
Sorry to hear that about lakes being shut down there. I got out yesterday before they started shutting them down here too. Hope this doesn't last too long.