Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 6-9 report
fished pineview today with fishhound, started off at the port boat ramp pitching spinner baits in the weeds worked are way to the dam pitching to the weeds with no bites, went over to the north arm and worked the east shore line and between the 2 of use picked up 5 smallies. with chartuse spinner baits
[inline noparking.JPG]
[inline fishhound4.JPG]
[inline pettypinesmall.JPG]
[signature]
Thats good you landed a few smallmouths. I went up to pineview for 2 hours yesterday evening and the water has cooled down to 60 degrees, about eight degrees cooler than when I was up there 10 days ago.

I trolled for muskies, didn't get anything but had one poke his head up in my prop wash and follow me for a little bit.

Its amazing how high the water is it must be at 100% now. There was water between the shore and the courtesy dock.
[signature]
According to ksl's water charts, Pineview is at 103% of capacity. It's kind of cool fishing among the treetops.

I certainly hope that the water managers know what they're doing. At 103%, it doesn't leave a lot of room for error when the snow starts melting.
[signature]
With a sign like that you would have to think twice before tossing anchor and jigging
[signature]
I believe they call 100% at the base or opening of the spillway, and anything higher that goes up to the top of the spill gates is extra. So if the gates were open and the dam was spilling, it would be considered 100%, and if they are closed it can go higher.

Thanks for the update Jason. Did you see any activity from the largies?
[signature]
I was going to report it as over 100%. I don't remember seeing it that high for a long time.
[signature]
That could be. I'm happy to see all the water, and I'm sure they can handle some more. I just hope it doesn't end up biting them or us in the butt.[shocked]
[signature]
Thats a nice graph Mike. I'm surprised they list Causey as 90%. 3-4 weeks ago when I was up there it was within 1 foot of spilling. Maybe they have been dumping water out to hold some runoff.
[signature]
With pineview @ 102% and causey @ 90% they will have to strategically release the water or there could be some major flooding.
[signature]
I hope the people living in Ogden canyon have a strategic evacuation plan[Wink]. I'm sure everything will be fine, but with them talking about how much snow is left in the mountains, and it being such a cool, wet spring and all, I think the potential for disaster is there. Let's just hope it doesn't happen.
[signature]
tkb- no large mouth activity tried for them but couldn't get them to unlock there jaw. water temp was 60* and 63* when we left at 4pm
[signature]
hey jason did you guys toss any tubes or senko's?
[signature]
Great day on the water at Pineview ! Thanks Petty4life !

To fill in a few more details of our fishing day, I'll add that even though it started a little slow, it picked up as the water warmed and we chilled in the shifting wind and relocated to the side of the pond where the fish would respond to our offerings.

We found Brown bass(Micropterus D. - they're green sometimes because they can change color according to environment) holding in the customary kinds of habitats.

At the very first, we arbitrarily chose to toss some top waters into the submerged brush by the put-in just past the "No-Parking" sign in the water. We didn't park. We also didn't get any action on them - no surprise really.

As Petty changed to a Road-runner jig, I went to a Rapala on one line and to a plastic skirt jig'n'grub on the other. With those, we tried along the bank in the scrub going toward the dam and had no more success.

It didn't take too long for us to realize that we were on the wrong side of the lake for what we were doing and we relocated to a more favorable location. That's where the bit began.

Our first fish came on of my 4 inch plastic salt and pepper colored skirt grubs that I had tipped one of the home made Road Runner jigs that Petty4 life had given me to try out - it turned out to be our biggest fish at 1.4 lbs and 13.5 inches. Right after that, we went to the chartruese spinner baits and got several hits without hook-ups. Two of our fish came from verticle structure(newly submerged Quakies(populus trembloides) and small Box elder maples(Acer Negundo) and the rest came from bounding off horizontal structure(under larger submerged fallen tree trunks and brambles) or casting into the thickets - it's a potentially costly tactic as petty4life found out - but that's where the bass hang out. I was kind of surprised(but not really) that we did not encounter any Microterus Salmoides(Black Bass to me - Bucketmouth to y'all) because we were fishing in very typical Largemouth territory for part of the time.

My best almost hook-up happened on a wild cast that came within inches of foul-hooking a large specimin(250 + lbs of primate(homo sapien sapien) )called Jason. Again, sorry for the shower and scare - dude.

BTW - great photos !
[signature]
MGB, the attachment is pretty cool, is that something you retrieved from another site, or is that something you creatively put together? If that is yours maybe you could become a graphics art designer on ths side $$$!
[Wink]
[signature]
I'm curious how much a parking citation is on the pond. Despite my best research efforts I could not find anything in the proclamation detailing parking violations on the water.
[cool]
You might even think about submitting the photo to the media to accompany an article on the state of our water storage!
[crazy]
[signature]
Im not that creative. It was posted on the site a year ago or longer by Teroy and I book marked it and have been using it ever since.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread
[signature]
[signature]