Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly fishing the Neversink River
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][#588000][size 3]Click onto the following link to learn a little bit of where fly fishing apparently got its start in the US. I spent the summers of my youth and live ther later as an adult in Cuddebackville, NY. Had fished at the Neversink Dam area many, many times. Isn't the internet great. One can be taken back in time with a simple click of the mouse.[/size][/#588000][/font][/center] [center][url "http://flyfisherman.com/northeast/cuddlebackremoval/"]http://flyfisherman.com/northeast/cuddlebackremoval/[/url][/center]
[signature]
How is the Neversink? I live very close to it but never fished it. Only cause I would have to buy a NY permit. I would be fishing in in the Port Jervis area?
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][/size][/green][/font][center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=31980;][/center]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]Hi there tailgrabber - wouldn't have any idea how it is fishing these days. The last time I fished the neversink was probably around 1953. Damn that sure was a long time ago.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
....what kind of tube were you using back then DR?? [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4][cool]If I had one it probably came from one of these tires. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[center][Image: 14237293_2007072311483545225300.jpg][/center]
[signature]
[sly].. I was thinking maybe Firestone or Goodyear...I think they were the only tire companies back then.. [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
I did not realize that tire companies were that old. Hmmm. Learn something new every day.
[signature]
Just trying to raise a 2nd laugh.
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Probably there were more tire manufacturers back in the 50's than now. Some that come to mind are Dunlap, Goodrich, Bridgestone, Firestone and many more smaller ones that were eventually bought up by the bigger competitors.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
you succeded my friend... [Smile]
[signature]
That is not too far off from the Fishmaster that I was using in the 70s. I still have it and don't want to part with it for memories sake.[cool]
[signature]