Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD REPORT 6/12
Went with aquaman and DanielJRioux,arrived at 7AM,no other boats!It looked like rain all day,but we stayed dry.Trolled several areas,and had our best luck at the North end.Got the fish on several lures,Rat-l-traps,and one on a crocodile spoon.Boated five nice Wipers,and lost a couple.Had a great day with two great guys.Talked so much B.S. I will have to shovel out my boat LOL

PS Foul hooked a 15lb Carp in the tail,he took almost all my line off the reel before I got the rod out of the holder!
[signature]
Thanks for the report Mike, the catching has been slow at Willard lately but that should change by the weekend with the hot weather they are predicting. Did you weigh or measure any of the fish, if you did, how big was the largest wiper?
[signature]
Hey Fishcrazy,

Were you wearing waders ? Just drive your boat through a car wash and use the engine cleaning stall to spray the boat down - I'd also run the bilge pump to clean out down there too - LOL !

Did you land the Carp and get some bait out of the deal ? Or, did it just give you a ride for your money and take all your line ? When I did that at Willard during the tournament(I was on a Kayak) - the carp drug me and the kayak around and wedged me in the trees - only I did not land the fish, it broke me off in process.

Were you using the side planners to troll and were you bumping the bottom with the lures or were you fishing somewhere else in the water column when you guys got the wipers ?
[signature]
HI curt didn't measure/weigh any of the fish 4 were 18-19" 1 a little 13"er

hey chuck mike did get the carp in he was released we did have planers out 2 of the fish on planers three off the planers was the break down all the fish were on lipless plug except the one on a spoon
[signature]
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the info ! Was that spoon(krocodile - I think was mentioned) a shad color ?

BTW - I am headed out to get some suckers one of these first days this week - I'll pick you up some if I get any. What size small hook were you using - I have size 18-22 dry and nymph hooks(I hope you don't say 22 - they are powerful small to be using for my eyes at streamside). I hope, with a combination attack(hook, net, trap and seine(If I find someone to go with me) - how deep were you finding them suckers) and are they easily spooked ?
[signature]
WH2-They were 18-19",with one smaller one,mmm-good!
[signature]
Fishhound-Did get my line back,but didn't keep the carp.We did use side planers,but the stuff we used was not that deep running.I did not have waders on,so my shoes are ruined LOL
[signature]
last time i was out there i actually used a bead head nymph you could catch them on that alone under a float but a tiny peice of crawler ( like a 1/8 long peice at most ) increased the catch ratio

the kroc was crome with a blue stripe
[signature]