Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
Spent 6-22 through 6-25 at the Gorge with my 18 year old daughter jigging for macks. There were lots of fish in Swim Beach, but they were getting pounded all week by lots of boats. I did get a 28 lber there on Tuesday and a 22 lb. and a 21 lb. later in the week. Many of the usual spots just weren't holding fish of any size. My daughter didn't land any fish, but she had a couple hooked briefly and now she's addicted!

By the way, the picture shows a lot of blood, but it was just from where the jig was stuck in the roof of the fish's mouth. It was fine and swam away briskly when released!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10897;]
[signature]
Good lookin' fish Don. It looks pretty fat and sassy..
[signature]
Nice Fish . I'd be happy with one of those on my line . Thanks for the post .
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey Don Congrats on the Hawg. If you don't mind me asking, what type and color of jigs were you using? How deep and what area? [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Homemade swimbaits and tubes, Dan. Green. The biggest fish was from Swim Beach, most were at 75-95".
[signature]
That is a great lookin' mack! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
[cool]Nice mack, Don. What a beaut! Thanks for sharing the pic. And, fishin' with the daughter-that can't be beat! Can't wait to fish with mine someday, but she's only 14 mos (still has a little growing to do first-lol.)
[signature]
Don,

Nice looking fish. Thanks for sharing the report and photos.

John
[signature]
Way to go Don, you sure are getting close to that thirty pounder. Oh well, I guess you will just have to make another trip to get that big boy, ha,ha. You sure could have fooled me if you would have said that fish was thirty lbs. I've fished the area you are talking about and have marked some big fish but have never been so lucky to catch a mac that big. What was some of the other areas you fished? WH2
[signature]
Nice fish! I will be there this Friday-Sunday fishing for the smallies and lake trout. I sure hope they are biting then.

What were you using? and was your presentation verticle jigging? Never caught Mack in anything but planted local ponds.
[signature]
NICE ONE DON. I LIKE THE SLASH OF COLOR. I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YA? WILL SEND PM THOUGH. KEN
[signature]
Nice Fish Don- I'm heading out there this Thurs-Sat to go after the hogs.
[signature]