Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colorado River ( South of Hoover Dam )
I heard some good things about the river below the dam, and would like to try it. Going to take 2 weeks off in august, and want to try somehwere else besides Mead.

Is there any shore acess down there that you guys know of ?

Also, what about water current? Do they release water from Hoover making it like a torrent ? I'll take Meads gales over a raging torrent [Wink]

What about Camping along by the river ?

I'd like to fish a river again, kinda miss it.
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"] Shore access is very limited south of the Dam. Starting from the Dam you have White Rock Canyon accessed form the Arizona side, it's about a 4 mile hike down to the water (I've never been down that trail). Next is Willow Beach, then comes Nelsons Landing, which has a few different areas along the river. As for as the water, did you mean current? If it was current, the water level and the current changes through out the day and night. It all depends on the Generator requirements from Hoover. If you camp near the waters edge, keep a close eye on the water level. I got stuck across the river from Willow Beach several years back. I didn't pay any attention the level and next thing I see is my boat is sitting clear out of the water, beach bound. I was there most of the night waiting for the water level to come back up.

Those are the ones that I know of, there may be a few others that someone else might know of.

David
[signature]
If you have a boat you are set. Without a boat access is very limited. August the big stripers begin to spawn. it is night fishing.

at Cottonwod Cove you can access some of the shorline upstream for about 1/2 mile. And at Aztec Wash you can access the river. Very limited shore fishing there.
[signature]