Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY MERMAID
MY MERMAID [Image: mermaidfish.gif] [Image: neptune1.gif]

I was swimming along trying to keep my head above water and fighting the strong current, when something caught my.....[size 4]HEART[/size]! I fought it with all my might, but I just wasn't strong enough. He reeled me in, and pulled me up on the shore and put his hand out to help me up. The fisherman sat with me and showed me the moon. I had never looked up before this night, never knowing what I'd been missing. "There's a whole world out there," the fisherman said to me.
I sat there in the sand listening to all of the fishermans stories and adventures. His love of life, his love of fishing and the sea. Time passed by too quickly.
I told the fisherman that we were both from different worlds, as a tear ran down my cheek. He didn't ask any questions. He carried me to the waters edge and kissed me ever so softly. As I started to swim away, I turned and looked back at the fisherman standing on that lonely beach. He was standing there pointing up at the moon. He said, "When you look up at the moon think of me."
I turned away and started to swim off again. When I turned around for one last look, he was gone. I wonder if my fisherman knows that I swim with my head held high and think of him often when I gaze up at the moon. Every so often I whisper to him in the wind.
One day my fisherman will cast out another line and I'll be there waiting......
[Image: pondlove.gif]
[Image: scared%20rat.gif][Image: mermaidblue.gif]
[signature]