Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do bobbers affect catching fish? Depth Control
Does anybody here know whether or not bobbers can affect catching fish. am planning on going fishing tommorrow, and the place i am going to has a pretty bad underwater weed problem, so if I am to use any weight, a bobber is essentially cumpolsury. Is there anything else I can do to control the depth that my hok sinks? I am already using light sinkers ( Bullet weights Ultra Steel 1/4 Ounce) like Outdoor Life recommended to avoid weed snagging, but that barely seems to be helping in mycase. Thanks for your input!
[signature]
The bobber not only acts as a strike indicator but can help control at what depth you hook will fall to.

In some cases, a bobber will spook certain fish. They are ok with panfish and trout. Bass can be spooked by them and catfish may eat them if given the wron signal.[cool]
[signature]
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there aku94 Idon't think that a bobber is going to cause you any problem. If in doubt try using one of those clear bobbers that you can fill with water so that only the tips shows. Whatever, its better than getting your rigging snared up in the weeds. I hate when that happens.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=11000;]
[signature]
[reply]
[center][cool][/center][center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there aku94 Idon't think that a bobber is going to cause you any problem. If in doubt try using one of those clear bobbers that you can fill with water so that only the tips shows. Whatever, its better than getting your rigging snared up in the weeds. I hate when that happens.[/size][/green][/font][/center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=11000;] [/reply]
[signature]

try using this under your boober , you also can put your live bait on before you make it weedless !
[Image: DSC00014.jpg] Gamakatsu Weedless Tube Jigs These jigs come with 3/0 EWG Gamakatsu hooks. Gamakatsu hooks have a black nickel finish and are a very sharp, strong hook. The jigs come painted in black w/blue flake, Watermelon & Crawdad. These are one of the hottest weedless jigs available right now. Sizes available are 3/16 & 5/16 oz.

[signature]