Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod pic's
Hey You guys, lets see some of the costum designs you have done on your poles. here's one I just finished 2 weeks ago, Gl3 loomis 6'6" fast tip action. this rod is my new walleye jigging rod. later chuck
[signature]
This a couple years old now. Finishing up an old Sabre graphite for the wife that has a better fishwrap. I'll see if my friend can take some pics of the new one.

This one's all "A" metallic...

[Image: 42Acid_Fishwrap_001.jpg]

Fishslayer
[signature]
Thats pretty nice looking. I always hate using all matalic theard it seems to come unraveled too much for me. later chuck
[signature]
Some metallics are touchier than others. The gold Gudebrod Electra is the worst, but worth the hassle, IMO.

I don't use a tensioner. I just let it feespool off the carriage & use fingers for tension.

Mettalics tend to get kinked. After a wrap (on a guide) or a few threads (decorative) I tape off & cut off the kinked portion. How many threads I can run depends on the thread. NCP black is as bad as some metallics.

With the gold Electra I actually unspool a few feet & let it hang while it untwists, then rewind it on the spool.

For undertucking the tag ends of wraps I use a loop of 30# Spectra. VERY slick, and the A metallic simply isn't strong enough to pull through every time. Bust a few loops before the tag is through & ya get creative... [Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]
heres another wrap I finished up a week ago, it's a weave and cross stich. later chuck
[signature]
hehe... I like the bunny. [Smile]

That wouldn't be an old Grizzly Fenwick blank, would it?

Fishslayer
[signature]
close, It's a old 1975 fenwick lunker stick, beleve it or not I still fish with that rod, not a whoe bunch. later chuck
[signature]
Try one of these, I hate to refer anyone to another site but in this case it is nessary because we just dont have any one here who is a collector if fishing parifinaila.

[url "http://www.fishingantiques.com/"][#000000]Fishing Antiques and Collectable Lures[/#000000][/url]

[url "http://www.vintagefishingtackle.com/"][#000000]Brindley John Ayers Catalogue of Vintage and Collectable Fishing ...[/#000000][/url]

[url "http://home.cfl.rr.com/rkgast/"][#000000]ANTIQUE FISHING LURES, REELS & TACKLE[/#000000][/url]

[url "http://www.fishingnet.com/fishing_antiques.htm"][#000000]Fishing Antiques menu[/#000000][/url]

When you find out, please come back and let us know....

good luck..
[signature]
Here's a nickname weave I just finished for my friend, no flex coat yet only c.p.
later chuck
[signature]
I LOVE IT!!!! HEY THAT BUNNY IS CUTE.... HMMMM..... THANX MAN I DIG IT...
[signature]
Nice weave!

Fishslayer
[signature]
[font "Viner Hand ITC"][#ff4040][size 3]Looks like I might just have another hobby after looking at all these cool rods.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Yep, building your own rod is a very fun hobbie, a little time consumming but well worth it. If you can get the book CUSTOM ROD THREAD ART, bY Dale Clemens. It's a great book. later chuck
[signature]
Thanks, Fishslayer, I have the whole ABC's in this style of letters I can send you a set if you'd like. later chuck
[signature]
[font "Impact"][#ff4040][size 3]Thanks for the info UtWalleye. I will go look for that book.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice looking lettering and designs Chuck, I'm looking forward to seeing the one you are working on for me.
[signature]
Hey Curt, here's a sneek peek of your rod. I should have that little fishy almost done tonight, then on the the letters and guides. enjoy
later chuck
[signature]
Wow, those colors really stand out on that dark rod. Thanks for the preview Chuck, I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished lettering.
[signature]
sweat colors chuck... is that the fish you did on my old garcia? looking good!!!!!
[signature]
Hey Curt, here's the finished little fish, it dosen't have c.p. yet, I just finished wrapping it a few minutes ago, I still have to cut the tape off and cover the ends. but anyway here it is. later chuck
[signature]