Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
niantic bay
today we hit niantic bay .not too much to report 18 skate 2 very large ones,14 fluke all short.its been a tough couple of weeks.this is my last trip due to the mrs.going in for surgery on tuesday.will be playing mr.mom for a couple of weeks.hopefully things will pick up again by then
[signature]
welcome to the board NickL.niantic is hot and cold,one day it is fantastic next day nothing.i fish off the edge of the channel,just at the droppoff.i use whole large fresh water shinners,squid(whole),hickory shad cut up into 6 inch long strips. stay away from sandworms because they go through them so fast.with gas prices so high i try to save money on bait,by catching my own,squid i buy a 3-5 pound box at big y supermarket.i dont see you doing anything wrong,just have to put the time in.a depth/fish finder would be a good investment.you want to look for a hard smooth bottom,with no to little weeds.keep in mind that fluke/flounder will not show up on the screensince the stay on the bottom.so even the fish finder doesn't show any fish they might be there.good luck look forward to your reports in the future
[signature]