Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need outboard help ASAP
So I have the next couple of weeks off work and have been planning on spending the majority of the free time on Strawberry. We were finally getting the boat ready to hit the water and found that the tilt and trim is no longer working.
My dad knows a fair bit about electronics and we traced the problem to the tilt / trim motor. We opened up the tilt / trim motor and found that someone had "repaired" it at sometime in the past and did a piss-poor job of it. Because of poor soldering the wires were shot, and the motor brushes were breaking.
Anyway, I desparately need to find someone that can help fix this quickly and for not too much $$$$. The main part of the motor looks ok, it is just that top part that had the wires and brushes (the part that could easily be meddled with) needs some help.
Any ideas??????
While I'm at it I would probably also get the impeller looked at for preventative reasons.
[signature]
Danzilla is the man if your on a budget but I'm not sure he does electrical work but he can help you on replacing the impeller. Fish1on does some fine electrical work but he spends his weekends at Bear lake. You can send them both a PM and get a reply within a couple of days. I would also recommend Lee's Marine in Hyrum, he does good work but the price will be higher and it will probably take longer than you want. Good luck and if worse comes to worse, just go without fixing the problems, you'll just go a little slower. WH2
[signature]
Not sure where you are from, but Chic's Armature in Ogden does an excellent job of repairing DC motors. They are very reasonable on prices as well.
[signature]