Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Fishing Shack
[cool] Hey I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find building plans for a shack for free for about 2-3 people
[signature]
What materials would you like to use, I can draw you up a set of plans and "PM" them to you here on this web site....

tell me how many people you want to accomidate. do you want electricity )via generator( for lights and appliances?

also what is your weight limit? What can you get out on your lake?

Have you ever used a shak before? there is some maitanance invalved in the use of one along with the yearly up keep. and there is no reason you cant use the same shanty for 20+ years if it is constructed well and well maintained....
[signature]
4 Guys..no electricity....1/2 " plywood, 2x4's.
Oh yeah must be portable as must be able to be removed in one load by a pick up...thinking no bigger 8' x 8'
[signature]
I should have it ready for you by next weekend.

Two last questions,

1. are you planning on spearing pike? it makes a differacne as to the size of hole.

2. do you want two doors or one?
[signature]
Ooooh, can you just build one for me? I'll need it collapsible so it fits in the back of the Blazer. No spear fishing for me. Big enough for 4 people would be nice... but for the most part, probably only 2 or 3 people would be in it.

Thanks Dave!

Hehe.

Dang, this just got me all excited about ice fishing again.
[signature]
Here is your parts list.

the differance between a 6'X8' shanty and a 8'X8' is 3 pcs 2x4 and one sheet of ply wood.

ok here goes Shopping list for an 8x8 shanty.
[ol] [li]8 foot 2x4 pcs 22[/li] [li]7 f00t 2x4 pcs 26[/li] [li]4'x8' plywood sheets 12[/li] [li]4-6 2x4 side wall mounts. (check builders square)this if for the runners.[/li] [li]8d nails 3-5 pounds[/li] [li]16d nails or screws 5 pounds[/li] [li]1"x2"x8" [/li] [li]3 hindges[/li] [li]1 hasp[/li] [li]20 pcs 1" flathead woodscrews[/li] [li]1/4 pound 2" brads[/li] [li]drip edge 4 pcs 8 foot[/li] [li]roofing material your choice[/li] [li]insulation optional[/li][/ol]

this will probably be close to a 4 man clam in price, what it offerces over a clam is stealth solid as a rock wont rattle in the wind and will heat better than a tent or clam.....

any one who has ever fished in a well build wood shanty will attest to the comfort it will offer, This I am sure you are aware of because you asked for plans on how to build one...

in the disign I am going to provide I did not add vent ports, be sure to add a couple...
[signature]
Not Spearing.....1 Door
[signature]
[crazy] Having trouble opening attachments
[signature]
[Wink] Makes ya all tingley inside eh ..DrownedDesertRat
[signature]
that is a tif immage, you cant open it up here, you will have to click save to your desk top, then right click on it then select "open with" then select "Kodac Immageing" if you do not have a tif.

I can put it on a jpeg but it is to large to post here, I would have to email it to you, If you want that I do that let me know. dont post your email here on the boards I have a copy of your email.

they print out 8 1/5" X 11" full size. you need all four prints.
[signature]
[cool] Cool..I give it a try when I get home...Unfortunely @ work right now...wish I was fishing
[signature]
Yes, it sure does.

Hurry up and get cold already! This nearly 100° weather is driving me nuts.
[signature]
[cool] Thanks Davetclown..the specs look great
[signature]