Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
last day for elk applications
if you are reading this saturday you are too late, 11:59 pm fryday july 15 is the cut off point for elk applications...

dont fret you still have time for antlerless deer applications....
[signature]
well me no gettum Elk permit, maybe me gettum Turtle permit insted.

still time to apply for antlerless deer permit.
[signature]
well elk tags have came and gone AGAIN. NO tag for me. I have applied for over 12 years and still haven't got a tag. Maybe in the next 12 years I will get lucky.

Well so goes it for the doe tags yesterday was the deadline for the application peroid, but today you can buy it over the counter for private land so don't forget to get one.

At least I got by bear tag. Went up last week and seen 3 nice bears plus one sow with twins. It's looking good and can only get better.
[signature]
Sounds like Michigan has draw results like Utah for Elk. I have put in for 7 years with no tag drawn. Maybe next year will be our lucky year.
[signature]
that sounds encurraging, to bad you dont have a few fish carcasas from last years salmon runs...

I am not going to ask where you are hunting cause I know you are in compitition with other tag holders. I know you dont want any one with in 20 miles of where you are hunting... The woods aint full of bears any more... not even smokey the bear...

I was wondering do you have to take a one day class before you can walk out in the woods to hunt a bear?

the last bear tag I had came with my sportsmans license which included trapping bow deer gun deer fishing small game and fur trapping. all for under $28.oo (Trout Stamps, MI & Federal migritory Stamps sold seperatly) seems to me one year I remember we had to buy our federal migritory water fowl stamps at the post office...
[signature]
There is no class to take when you get pulled for a bear permit.
But there is a requirement that when you do shoot a bear you must have it registered at the DNR within in 48 hrs.

I going to take the kids fishing this weekend and let them catch me a bunch of panfish to freeze up untill the next time I head back up to bait.

Been tring to talk to some of the local bakery and no one wants to give up there 2 day old dounuts.
[signature]
did you try nino's across the street from the hawiian? they may not have much but you never know, I think monday is their closed day so you may want to aproach them on sunday cause by tuesday they will have aready gone to the dumpster out back.... (hint hint)
[signature]
no elk for me either .
bear bait ? the tastee and hostess day old stores , (wyndotte ,mi) sell you racks of the stuff ! i filled the back of my jeep from top to bottom for about $18.00 .
they sell all the past date stuff by the rack , pies ,cakes , breads and cookies . You have to sign a form that it is to be used for animal feed and not to be consumed or sold as human food .
another place to try is the all you can eat buffet places or restraunts that have salid or desert bars , by law they have to throw out all the items from the bar at the close of the business day . up here , they are happy to have someone haul away the leftovers as long as you are there to pick it up that night .
[signature]