Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hutch00 in town
Next weekend we will be honored to have the moderater from NJ coming up here to enjoy our waters and our state. Tomc and myself will try our best to show him some down home fishing and good times. We'll be flukin out of Niantic, Storys will follow. [Wink]
[signature]
better make sure you hide your sheep LOL
[signature]
i even got velcro gloves for the boy we'll teach him right[shocked]went down to niantic bay this morn,got there at 3 am,picked up some hickory shad,had 14 on landed 2 ,both at 15 inches all cut up and in the freezer,2 boxes of whole squid,some sand ells,frozen shiners that i have been catching out of my pond,grinders or (subs what you city boys call) them are on order,the boat and capt is ready.now we need good weather,and lots of fish i will pck up you guys at the gate at the campground (by the store,it is usually closed on weekends) around 6 am be at the boat around 6:45
[signature]
I hope you can come back to the site and have a few cold ones with us sat nite so we will all be in the same shape sunday when we fish
[signature]
as it looks so far,we will have good choices to fish,things are picking up very fast.good reports are flowing in very fast. the count down has begun ......6 days to go!!!!!!
[signature]
yes we will be leaving the swamps of jersey soon to partake in some new englang style fluken and I predict many fish will be caught but then again I dream alot LOL
[signature]
you better bring bug spray with deet,wouldn't want you to get lyme disease,you will be fresh meat for those deer ticks..... LOL....got a new digital camera for this weekend,compliments of my company.....5 days to go
[signature]
I'm glad you did Tom, still can't figure out how to post a pic with this box. Plus we have to get you a red hat. [Smile][Smile] I'm hearing some good reports as well. Maybe not 40 fish in one day, but then again maybe we need some Jersey blood on the water. Tom bring the cinder block.[Wink]
[signature]
you don't need cinder blocks I carry my own quick dry cement and bucket don't worry I'll bring you guys luck women love me and fish fear me or is that sheep love and fear me you need to learn the jersey fluke dance though or the luck won't rub off
[signature]
The ribs are on the smoker right now and it smells good I rubbed them with the dry rub last nite and they are smoking with mesquite and hickory
[signature]
I can taste them now. [Smile][Smile][Smile] Can't wait to try your lamb as well. Your as redneck as the ct boys. Welcome home. Two more days till the great event.
[signature]
just got back on line,last nite we had a bad thunderstorm,felt like the world was comming to an end.our local wal-mart was hit three times by lightning,along with a person going to thier car,also the big news for tonight.... found out that i will be a step grandfather in march,good weather forcast for this weekend,with light wind
[signature]
weather is lookin great I checked the marine forecast for the area light winds and 1 foot seas now we need the fish to cooperate and we are good
[signature]
I just tasted them had to while I was cutting them up they were good before the sauce and even better when the sauce went on fallin off the bone
[signature]
DAY 1,today i hooked up with Hutch00 and gdn 443,it started a little slow.i landed the first 19 inch fluke,followed with a 20 inch.Hutch00 piked up after changing rigs,then he was the man with a mission,ended up catching the largest for the day at 23 inches.gdn443 also changes rigs and lande some 20 inchers,the hot bait today was fresh water shinners,it was a good doy with a total 9 keepers,16 shorts and a few skates,we were on the southside of fishers island,at isabellas beach,tommorrow we are going to misqumicut in rhode island
[signature]
DAY 2...i didn't think it could get better than yeasterday,but it did!!got a late start,was in rhode island at 10 am,.again started a little slow,but then almost a nonstop action daytotal catch was 29,with 17 keeper,adveage lenght 20 inches,.sarry to see it end,hopfully we can do it again next year
[signature]
was great to finally meet you guys had a great time we will have to do it again great fishing too and that new england fluke tastes pretty good
[signature]
The fishing was great and the company was better. Hutch00 can cook up a storm with smoked ribs and merinated lamb on a skewer. Thanks for saving my bacon on that rough wave Hutchoo. Truth be told I only got one keeper per day, but the boys took pity and gave me some fillets. I've got to stop spitting on my bait. [Wink]
[signature]
I still think you were trying to knock me off the boat because I caught more fish LOL
[signature]