Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going with my dad
Going with my Dad........ by Worm'n
The place was the Men's Club Lake in Phillips Texas,,I was 5 years old and we had my two cousins along ...
Now you had to know my Dad,,he grew up hunting, not fishing,,He would say,,Hunting,,you can see what you're getting.
Well he rigs up this cain pole that must have been 20 foot long, with a sinker that had to weigh 2oz. with a cork about the size of a golfball..Pop told me to watch the cork and jirk when it went under...Well the wind was blowing pretty good (as it does out here ) and with that heavy sinker and the wave action , the cork kept going under, So I would Jirk..Now with the cain pole,,the whole rig goes flying in the air...I would see that there was no fish on it, so I would go flinging the rig back to the water, kinda like a bull whip action..Pop kept saying "wait till the cork goes under""course every time I would do my fling thing the worm would go flying and he would have to rebait...Now keep in mind that Pop is also having to take care of my cousins and Pop never was a patient man...
About 2 hours of me jerking and flinging,,that cain pole ,I could tell Pop was about to have enough..,,But the cork went under ONE MORE TIME ,,I gave it a mighty JIRK,,2oz sinker and all,,as I watched the rig fly over my head with NO fish.. I started to whipp it back to the water, I feal a big tug on it,,Then I hear a very loud Four letter word followed by another one,,,as I turned to see what all the cousin is about,,I had HOOKED my Dad just above the left eye,,and the sinker had broke off half his front tooth..
We all loaded up in a 59? studebaker with Dad hooked and a 20 foot cain pole hanging out the window,, Pop and I did go fishing a few times together after that,,,but he never got behind me again...true story,,.......Worm'n