Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJR's post
[cool][#008000]DanielJRioux made the following comments on the Mod Gen board: [/#008000]
[#008000]I am not a fly fisher yet but I am ready to start. I refinished an old bamboo fly rod I received thirty years ago and I have a Pfluger? reel that I received with the rod so now all I need is someone to teach me how to use it all. Any takers here in Layton?[/#008000]
[font "Times New Roman"][#008000][size 3]Hey Dan will admit that I am no wizard with the fly swatter. Have seen demos by some of today’s best casters and know that I will never be in their league. However, that has never deterred me from going out and having fun fly fishing. Initially I bought some instructional tapes, (now CDs) which helped a lot. After watching a tape I would go into my back yard and practice. I even went so far as to video tape my practice sessions. From there I would go and practice at a local park pond. Come on now and jump in with both feet. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
I will jump in with both left feet! I have flyfished many years ago when I was stationed in Florida, just wanting to start over again.
[signature]