Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beauty of Fishing
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 4]The Beauty of Fishing[/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2] [/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2] [font "Arial"]When I first began trout fishing in the stream, my built in alarm clock would have me awake by 7:00 am. Those times were very relaxing and spiritual for me. I spent many mornings thanking God for the beauty that surrounded me. I still do that when I am fishing, but it seemed to mean more to me of the early mornings, when the world is just starting to wake up.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"]My favorite morning spot to fish is near a long narrow run of rapids just above an area where the creek widens and becomes a very slow moving stream. The contrast of the two currents of water attracts fish as well as me to the [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2] [Image: beauty2.jpg][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]spot. The creek in front of the rapids is a wide, slow moving section as well, and the water that flows over the first row of rocks leading into the rapids, tends to look like glass.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"]One morning, I was fishing here and the air was cooler than the water, which caused a steady stream of steam to rise off of the water. I had never in person seen anything like this. I was already in awe over the beauty of it all, when downstream, in the area that I was looking; a huge fish broke water. This fish jumped clear out of the water. To me, it was in slow motion and picture perfect. At the time, I had no idea what it was, but I now know that it was a giant carp. Some think carp are nasty fish, but you might change your mind, had you seen this. I have fished in this spot many times since that, and have yet to see that happen again. But I have seen a Kingfisher, in flight, grab a fish from the water; as well as watched a [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2] [Image: beauty3.jpg][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]Great Blue Heron stalk fish painfully slow. I have shared the creek with ducks, beavers and snakes. They have all come so close that I could touch them, but they kept their distance. The ducks, by far, are the most skittish.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"]Some mornings the trout are jumping everywhere, even almost at my feet. My youngest daughter and I watched a brown trout jump completely out of the water, dolphin style. You could almost count it’s spots. And I have had carp feed at my feet while I was fly fishing for trout. Numerous times I have been fishing from the bank, only to find myself in the middle of a chaotic mayfly hatch.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"]My most memorable sight happened at night when I was wading in the creek. I looked to the sky just in time to see a shooting star that left a most brilliant trail.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font]
[font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"]Fishing has a way of taking me back to the innocence of being a child. I've started to notice the things in nature, that we as grown-ups, tend to overlook in our hurried world.[/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [font "Arial"][#1e8b18][size 2][font "Arial"] [/font][/size][/#1e8b18][/font] [center]
[/center]
[signature]
Great Story, you are truly a gifted writer. All of Gods creations are truly wonderous, lets all bow down and praise our king!
[signature]
Thanks for Sharing
[signature]
Thanks MOM
[signature]
And thank you for reading it Trent!
[signature]