Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakwall
I've been fishing the wall a lot and finding plenty of calico's and sand bass. I know most guys fish it at night but I've been doing good durning the day. has anyone had luck fishing the wall for white sea bass or halibut and if so how and where?
[signature]
Great to see you on the Boards Dan.

How is the inner city kids program coming along?

[Image: gal1.gif]
[signature]
We are just getting started. I need alot of people to help out. Do you know anyone?
[signature]
Hey Dan,I thought anybody born and raised in Long Beach cut their teeth on the breakwater. Remember the Jed Welsh breakwater specials when the sun got behind Palos Verde hill. Absolute killer lead heads, black bucktail the best. Those were the ones we used in the middle 1940's. We always started at the bend in a Pierpoint Landing skiff. Answering your question. The best thing for the sea bass is to troll for them, next best is to set up a chum bucket and fight the urge to move after you start, It takes awhile for them to follow the chum slick to the boat. The trolling method is outlined in my Harbor Fishing series. Finally, I caught a 35 pounder last summer on 12 pound . If you get any takers on the night stuff, give me a ring. I'm doing a piece on the breakwater fishing at night for Saltwater Sportsman and I need some pictures. Good to hear from Dan, let's go fishin!
[signature]