Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wide Waters Newark - Palmyra NY
While up here in the NE I planned on spending some time fishing w/ my brother fishing in the Rochester area - actually Palmyra, NY (my home town).

We went out Monday the 13th and got on the water at about 7:45 a.m. [Image: fishing1.gif]

We started with the normal bank fishing techniques - texas rigged worms and I was throwing the micro munch senko in road kill color - wacky rigged. We both caught a few bass. The weather was hot and sunny and there wasn't a breeze to be found.

As the day progressed around 10:45 or so I had started throwing a Sizmic Toad by Uncle Josh, white in color, on top of some topped out vegetation. I started catching some fish so my brother converted over to the same lure.

We ended up blowin' thru the entire pack of lures and went in around 1:15 - it was to HOT [Image: ranting.gif] When we got home we did find out the temp was 92 degrees and we had been sweating like pigs [Image: sweatingbullets.gif] [Image: sun.gif]

We figured that we caught around 30 LM and about 20 of them came on the top water lure (sizmic toad) dragged across the vegetation - there's just nuthun' like non-stop, rod-bendin', top water explosion, fish catchin' for hours on end [Image: cool.gif]

It was painful to fish that day, but the fishing was awesome and the company (my bro) was the best. [Image: grin.gif]
[signature]