Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know about honda car engines???
I have a 98 civic LX that had developed a knock in the lower end...I think a crank bearing on a rod conection has rotated and is causing the knock when it slaps around on the crank shaft as the rod drives the piston vertically. I am looking for a 1.8 litre honda engine not the Vtech just the regular motor for the the civic sedan LX model. I think I may be able to budget 4 or 5 hundred to get my paws on one....and then I will install it. Anyone know of any places or people to get this from?? any help is greatly appreciated and welcomed. Thanks in advance,
[signature]
How much would it cost for a bottom end rebuild, with all new bearings? I also know a guy that may be able to help you get an engine for it, shoot em a pm and i will explain and give you his #
[signature]
Have you lost oil pressure? Usually when a main bearing goes you lose oil pressure. It could be a conecting rod, but If its been ran very far there will probably need extensive machine work to get the components back in specs. I would check in to a long block rebuild from a local distributor, not one from autozone, checker, ect. Also if you want to go the used route, check with a lot like pick and pull. They usually run weekend specials where you can get a used motor for 149.00 stuff like that. In some cases you might be able to used a newer year motor if they will interchange. I just put a motor out of a 2000 neon in my 97. I hade to change over all the sensors and manifolds, ect. but I would up with a motor that had half the miles of my old one.
Good Luck!
[signature]
There's an outfit here in S.L.C. that sells Japanese engines. Dunno how accurate my info. is but I've been told that Japan has some kind of maximum mileage limit on engines & after that they have to be taken out of service there. Sorry I don't know the name of the place but I think I remember seeing it from I-15 somewhere around 4500 S. Good luck.
[signature]