Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bassrods Da Man on Jordanelle
My father moved here from SW Colorado and the smallie fishery of McPhee reservoir [url "http://www.recreation.gov/detail.cfm?ID=56"]http://www.recreation.gov/detail.cfm?ID=56[/url]. This was a fishery where he would generally catch 25-50 or more small mouth every trip. A fishery he knew well and fished since it filled back in the early 90s. The best he could manage on Jordanelle (he lives in Midway) was 8 or ten on an outing. Then steps in Clifford Sackett. He took dad out last week and it was slow but they stuck 15-20 and had action on many more and dad got this one:
[inline DadWCliff.jpg]

He had a great day! Then on Tuesday, July 26 dad went out on his own and caught 31! About 10 or so were dinky or perch but 20 between 13 and 16 inches! He was quite pleased! Then... he took me out Wed. after work. I couldn't believe the number of boats on a Wed. evening... it was a zoo and the fishing slow. We each lost one between 6:00 PM and 7:45 PM is all. Then all of a sudden we got back in the shade and dad hooked a 14 incher the minute his bait hit the water! I then decided to try a top water and cast up against the brush and boom! I got this beauty... one pic in the shade and one in the sun.

[inline AllensBigBass1.JPG]
[inline AllensBigBass3.JPG]

Thanks again Bassrods!
[signature]
Nice work! Feel free to share with your old man that his pic was posted on OutdoorsGoneWild.com in the gallery. If you want yours as well let me know and I will upload them.

Jordanelle is a great fishery. 20+ days are a common occurance and the ratio of big vs. small fish is great with most being on the big side. Cliff is a great guide for Jordanelle.
[signature]
Thanks Craig. Sure you can post my pics on "outdoors" if you'd like.

Yeah, Jordanelle is a great fishery once you learn how to fish it... I appreciate the way they are managing it for big fish!
[signature]
Hey Allen that is a nice FAT smallie!! Congrats! Makes me jealous! I'll be up at Lodgepole Campground in Daniel's Canyon all week next week for a family reunion, and I should be able to hit Strawberry at least once and Jordanelle or Deer Creek at least once. The car will be packed so I don't think I'll have room for the tube unfortunately, so I'll probably be hitting Deer Creek on the Midway side one early morning.
[signature]
Them are some nice bass, right on,
later chuck
[signature]
Those are some beautiful bronzies! Thanks for the report and for sharing the pics.
[signature]
Give me a call when you're in the area... maybe we can "hook up." 435-657-0855.

Later man.
[signature]
Will do. I'll email you on monday if I get a better idea of when/where.

Kevin
[signature]