Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7/29 thru 7/31
WOW WHAT A TRIP!
Fished strawberry for the last three days with Bugln4Bulls and his family and his sons friend. Launched the boat at first light all three days and fished around the stroms that rolled in every day.

First day went straight to an area that has produced fish for the past few weeks and it paid off. We found the fish in 44' of water. The fish where right on the bottom or suspended up to 10' off the bottom. We droped jiggs down to them and started hooking up right a way. A storm started to roll in at 1:30 so headed back to camp. We ended up bringing 60 cutts to the boat. With big fish honors going to me with a 23.5" cutt. Went back after the storm and picked up another 15 or so.

Day two- we went to the same area and could not find the large numbers that we did the first day so we started scouting in the general area. After an hour we found a large school in 48' of water and about a couple hundred yards further out than the previous day. This school turned out to be the mother load. We caught about 80 cutts and several where over the slot. Big fish honors whent to Bugln4Bulls with a 25" 6.3 pound cutt, this cutt was a fatty.

Day three took a little scouting to find them but we finally got over the top of a good school. We ended up bring about 50 to the boat by 12:00. Big fish honors went to Nick, who is a friend of the family, with a 23.5" cutt. We seen HA69 out in that area in the Fish Hawk, nice boat Randy.

It was a great trip catching over 200 fish with at least 30 out of the slot limit. Most fish where given the boat side release so they would not be harmed.
[signature]
[signature]
Congrats on the good fishing trip.
[signature]
Nice report . You kick butt out there . I was in a learning curve but did get 1 bow . Tried for kokes but my trolling battery ended to soon so we gave up . Still working some bugs out of boat but will be better prepared next time . I forgot to get any pics on the water but did get a better pic of my boat out of the water .
[signature]
Hey Mike, sounds like you had one fine trip!
[signature]
Hey Mike, that is sweet! Glad you guys had such a good time up there. That one cutt is sure a beaut! Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice mike,
I should have been there [Tongue]
But as usual I was working[Tongue]
HA<HA<HA.
nice fish,and nice boat there hellangler.
Thanks for the pics.
Later,FNF
[signature]
Great report and pics! Those are some nice looking fish. I'll have to make it to Strawberry one of these days.
[signature]
You Da man Mike, we got to hook up and hit da berry again. Any time you nedd a fishin partner just give me a call.
[signature]
He knows....hes just glad to have me still at work while your out sowen your wild oats!!!! Hmm....[cool] took the family up to pineveiw friday...AFTER WORK..sorta..but we just played..not much fishen..Great to hear you had a splended week end...I Know i shoulda come up but, just lazy I guess..!
[signature]
Nice looking cuts! Are my eyes deceiving me or are those tube jigs hangin out of those mouths! Awesome! Finesse fishing for trout! You da man!
[signature]
Man what a nice day of fishing. Luv2atv and i went to the Soldier Creek side on the 28 and we didnt catch a thing. finally at 11:30 we decide to go fish the Strawberry river by the pinacles. Luv2atv hooked in to a nice one the first place we stopped at. Finally at the last hole we stopped at i had about twenty bites and finally i hooked into about a twenty incher but before i got him to the bank he got off. o'well i got some good pictures of him
[signature]
Your eyes are just fine. Those are tube jiggs hanging out of their mouths. 90% of the fish get hooked on the lip just like in the photo it makes for an easy release and does no harm to them.
[signature]
Mike,

That's cool. That sounds like a very fun way to catch trout! I've never done it but I have jigged for crappie and bass and when they're taking it, it's a blast! You jig em vertical? Cast, sink and retrieve? I think you may have convinced me to change from spinners and spoons next time to the Berry!

Regards.
[signature]
We where vertical jigging right on the bottom most of the time. We would touch the bottom with the jigg then raise the jig about 6"-12" then most of the time on the fall you would see your line go slack or we would feel the fish holding on then just set the hook and FISH ON !
[signature]
[cool]Hey Mike, that olive/brownish looking tubejig with the cool sparkles is neet looking. Looks like a nice crawdad imitation. Where did you find that color-Sportsmans?
[signature]
That jigg was Bugln4Bulls. I am sure he bought it at sporstmans. We did not use that color very much. Pearl,yellow and white was used most of the time. Color did not seem to matter much, what did matter was fishing deep and keeping it on the bottom.
[signature]
As always, Mike, you live up to your reputation as the Jigging Jedi Master for this board. Nice work on those slimers!!!
Sounds like a blast Mike... congrats and thanks for the post/pics!
[signature]