Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Father's Day Fishing Derby Hook-Up
Here's my story;

My Father and I were fishing at a local fishing derby,which we did every year. This year was a little different. After catching a few perch and getting some prizes..I decided to check out the other anglers to see if the got any real good catches/prizes.
When I returned to sit beside my father who was fishing..I went to gear up behind him, at the same time he went to cast his line and I turned towards him....ya see my dad casts without lookin behind him...anyway he snagged a bush ..well he tugged on the line and got it free....he casted out again..but didn't snag a tree...he caught a really big one...ME. He caught me right in the chin.....what did he do?...he tugged at the line...I yelled..then he looked over his shoulder...then came over and tried to get the hook out...couldn't.
He cut the line and told my Brother to take me to the First Aid Station...well they couldn't get the hook out either..so my brother had to take me to the the Emergency Room....
When we got to the ER the doctor tried to get the hook out...but the had to apply a local freezing so he could surgically remove the hook...well the doctor had to cut the hook then pull it through.
After all was done he told me jokingly to tell my Father to use Sharper hooks next time...
[signature]
My dad got one in his finger and I took him to the emergency room and it cost him $400 to have it removed....

they did the same thing to him as they did with you. We decided next time we would just have a couple good belts and do it ourselves....

My little sister hooked herself right on the tip of her nose, it was bairly stuck there but you should have heard her scream, needless to say she dosnt go fishing much any more, and the only fish she gets is what I catch and take over to her....
[signature]
Ouch that musta hurt! Sorry that happened to you, have you fished with your dad since?
[signature]
After that I did keep fishing with him ..but I kept my distance when he was casting.....lol
By the way it did leave a scar
[signature]
Thanks Snags
[signature]