Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tube beginner
I just purchased two float tubes at a yard sale but no accessories. I assume I need some waders and fins to go along with these but not really sure. Any recommendations for what I need and where to go get it.
[signature]
I'm sure Pat aka TD will respond and post a link to the Main Tubers forum. I will however add that this time of year wades are for whimps on most Utah waters. And fins work well while tubin' if,, you dont have a Minn Kota doing the work for ya[Wink]

Sportsmans carry just about anything you might want to get the ball (or in this case tube) rollin'..
[signature]
Okieman

You will need flippes and neopreme waders. You can get by most of the time in the summer without the waders, but the fins are a must have. Sportsmans Wharehouse has everything you will need.
[signature]
John and Don, Thanks to both of you for the info. I've always been a boat guy but had to sell out this summer, so I'm looking forward to giving the tubes a try. Hope to see you out there.
[signature]
You will love tubing, and then down the road maybe pontooning. It is so relaxing. Good luck

tuber
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to the tubing fraternity and to BFT. As others have already suggested, we also have a special float tubing board. [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=81;"]LINK TO FLOAT TUBING[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you wander over there, you will note the "sticky" first thread is "Best of the Best". That contains links to many past discussions on a wide variety of issues. If you spend a little time there, you should get a lot of the answers you need. Of course we will address any that you have left over.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Unless you are really "tender", you can tube most of Utah's lower elevation waters for another month or so without the need for waders. Then, you will need either lightweight or neoprenes, depending on how much tubing you plan to do during the colder months.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are lots of fins available that WILL work, but that you will not want to keep when you find out what you really want and need. There are lots of pictures and discussions of fins on the tubing board.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We also have a picture board, for tubing, that contains some shopping guide type info, with pics. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=130;"]LINK TO TUBING PICTURE BOARD[/url][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope this helps. Come on back with further questions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
hey okieman, i have two sets of browning fins that i haven't used in years.
shoot me a pm and i will hook you up.
[signature]
TubeDude, Thanks for providing those links, that is a ton of information. I'll do some reading and get back with you. Happy floating.
[signature]
give me a break, i haven't done this at all. need help
that looks bad.
[signature]