Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullheads!! Bullheads!! What a blast :)

Hi all went down to my local dam and tryed my hand for walleye. The water level was just right a lil cool and over cast.Thinking i had it all figgured out.. EVERY thing seemed it would be a great day for ol white eyes but in the first five seconds of my line being in the water.A tug on the line and i was blessed with catching those lil stocky brown cats. I dont how many lil bully heads but it seemed every cast not more than 5 seconds. LIL bait stealers got love em.
[Sad] I Haven't had the pleasure in catchin a bullhead yet...any tips?
[signature]
Tips on Bull head fishing

Bring a pail and lots of bait of choice. I use chicken liver a cheap bait and worms freshly dug from my garden as well.A bobber and split shot set up a a plane number 4 barbless j hook is my choice.> The worm works the bottom a lil better and the hook being barbless you can get those lil catz off faster with out a hand full of spikes, Keep the bait in water as fast as you can keeping the feeding frenzy at full bore..But for a sucessfull bullheading trip show up in the evening and stay untill after dark thats when they get active..If i ever go bullhead fishing i always also bring a glove so i can handle them with out getting a hand full of dorsal spikes. They seem to like the bottom of the dams around my area after the water slows down. Remember if you catch one theres always more lurking in that area and should be able to land one after the other. I use a 14 ft bamboo cane pole and work the channels of the dams works great. Very sharp spikes beware of em
Any other questions?
[crazy] Is the Chicken Liver for chumming the water?
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks for the clarification
[signature]
[cool] I heard you can use Hot dogs for bait
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey Snags Alot,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Yes, Hot dogs work for bullheads. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]And, as well as chicken livers, chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, beef liver, beef heart, beef kidneys, so do Vienne Sausages, salami, pepperoni, canned spam, cheese, bacon, lunch meat, shrimp, oysters, clams, worms, grubs, leeches, minnows, cut baits, stink baits, greasy dough baits, and oddly enough canned lima beans.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
you forgot marshmellows and double buble bubble gum [Tongue]
[signature]