Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simmple Sweet Impressions:
Because I"M fairly new to the fishing gig, I want to share a little story about what fishing became to me:
Years ago, I was a young small lad, and my neighbor who worked at hill as a fireman worked some shift like 24 on 24 off,so when he was off he hooked his boat up to his truck
fishing gear and all and drove off for a day of fishing.
One day he came to my house with a pan of fresh smoked fish
and gave them to me to give my mom and dad for our supper and I thaught the fish was GREAT that night. The man"s name was Rusell "Russ" he always had on a Bass-Pro cap, I noticed things like that, being a young lad;
THINK of it Catching fish, having fun and then somking some for the neighbor family!! Was on that day I too wanted to learn to fish, and to this day I"M still learning.
It goes to show just what a sampling of smoked fish can do to another family and kids.[Smile] COOL;
[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hey Mr. Bait Caster,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I can't help but reply to your post. Growing up in your same neighborhood, I too remember Ole Russ. It was Russ that took me out on a boat for the first time. That was the first time I had ever been fishing from a boat ... out on Hyrum dam. I loved the sound of his boat motor ... and have loved that sound ever since. Come to think of it, it was his wife Lillie that first tied a cardboard cut out of a fish on the end of a string on a stick. Their son Dee and I would pretend catching those cardboard fish from the irrigation ditch out in front of the old place. BC, we've been well trained in setting examples for our grand kids and other little ones around us.[/size][/font][/size]
[signature]