Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cross Bow Hunting
Hello All,

I am disabled and able to use a crossbow for hunting. I would like some information on the use of a crossbow before I go out to buy one. I would be using it for deer, elk, and maybe turkey. Any information would be appriciated. Thank you
[signature]
I can tell you the info I was provided with.

keep this in mind when you make your blind.

30 yards is the optimum range for a cross bow. granted most hunters are shooting with in 30 yards with a compound but can reach much farther.

the down fall behind the cross bow is after 30 yards your projectile drops dramaticaly and you need to have a bead for every 5 yards differance in your shots

you will want a crank to draw back the bow, 150 pounds is quite a bit for disabled people like our selves. I cant pull back my brothers bow.

you will only have one shot, no reloading and getting off a second round because of the time to reset and the noise plus movement you will make doing so.

now that you have heard the bad stuff, with in 30 yards you are shooting with the accuracy of a 410 shot gun. one well placed shot will do more damage than a 12 gage shot gun. should your arrow not go all the way through and stay in mid section it cuts the innard of the deer to mince meat. making it a most deadly round. any wonded animal will die for sure...

deffantly go to a range and pratice pratice pratice... get your range down. go out and measure your range in your hunting area and mark the ranges exactly be sure you have clear veiw for your range.

I dont care what any one says bad about baiting, when you cant stalk them any more you need to do what you have to do to get the deer to come to you.... (with in leagle limits of corse)
[signature]
Thank you Dave,
I was watching OLN and they were hunting hogs with crossbows, one hit on a number of them and they went down to stay. I used to hunt with a compound and a recurve so this will be an extension on that experience.

Were do you live, I would like to meet you some day.

Dan
[signature]
Michigan => Tennessee bound

Ya never know what life will throw our way, one day our paths just may pass... and should that happen I will look forward to the opertunity of meeting you as well...
[signature]