Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
there cutting !
it started yesterday , those furry little tree chickens were dropping pine cones and green acorns all over the place . trees branches were just full of the little guys , jumping from branch to branch , tree to tree , knocking down whatever they could reach .
swear on my hunting boots , yuh darn near needed a kevlar umbrella to walk through the woods !
the white oak trees and the spruce pines had the most activity that i could see , not too much going on in the cedar swamps where the big black squirlls hang out .
lots of little reds , a couple greys and a couple brown ones could be made out , those black ones were just to hard to be seen in the thick folage of the branches .
yep , fall aught to be a good time for all , if we can figure out which to do first , fish or hunt . either way , what a way to spend the day .
looks like rain will be in the forcast for a week or so , anthills are poping up all over the yard .
fishing should be better this week with cooler tempratures . i'm getting a few crawlers tomorow night and heading up to the au sable pier for some channel cat action .
anyone intrested in bagging a big buck this year should be out to the gunrange or back fourty to get some practice in . a lotta bubbas wait till the last minute and figure an hour of practice is enough to get er' done . those are the same ya-hoos who end up with a little button buck straped to there hood or a " i couldn't get a clear shot " story to tell (been there myself , so i speak from experiance ) .
the tree stand is in good shape , but time to get it restrung before the october opener . i'm down to two arrows , bout time i get another dosen . i'm still not sure about going carbon , i like my old gamegetters .
i'v got one pinhole leak in the neoprenes to fix thanks to a submerged shopping cart in the river , still can't figure out how it got there .
fish on ! gosh i can't wait to yell those words out !
[signature]
sounds like sum mighty fine fried chippers and grits a commin your way.

I got a hankerin I had to do up sum chicken livers and grits.

my dog was all tail waitin for her share....

chipper and dumplins sounds pretty good right about now too.... boy do I miss being on the farm, fresh eggs, fresh chicken in the pot any day you feal the urge. (no chemical raise birds eather) been so long since I had a farm bird I cant hardly remember what one taist like with being pumped with steiroids.

I had to toss mine just before spring this year. the mice made a hotel out of mine with at least a dozen fire escapes.

did you check around for a bag lady near the cart? maybe some one heard a bigfish story about hauling suckers out of the river by the shopping cart load.
[signature]
I PICKED UP A HALF DOSEN ARROWS ON FRIDAY AND THREE BRODHEADS ON SATURDAY . I WAS DOWN TO THREE ARROWS , ONE WITHOUT A NOCK , ONE BENT AND ONE WITH THE FLETCHES A LITTLE WORN OUT . THE BENT ONE WAS PRETTY GOOD AT SHOOTING DEER STANDING BEHIND A TREE [crazy].
THE 3-D PRACTICE DEER IS BACK OUT OF RETIREMENT AS A LAWN DECORATION AND DOING A FULL EVENINGS WORK AS AN ARROW CATCHER , I FIGURE AN HOUR A DAY AND I'LL BE SET FOR THE FIRST SATURDAY IN OCTOBER [Wink].
GOT A NEW HEADLAMP FROM WALLY WORLD , RAY-0-VAC . IT HAS 2 RED LED, ONE WHITE AND A KRYPTON BULB . THE RED ARE FOR REELING IN THOSE KINGS THIS FALL , THE WHITE IS FOR TYING ON THE FLYS , AND THE KRYPTON IS FOR THAT LONG WALK UP THE STAIRS .
NOW ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SAVE UP SOME GAS MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]