Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cabelas comming to conn in 2007?
it looks right now that cabelas might be comming to east hartfod in 2007,it will face major opposition by gov.rell,she is already againt it saying that there are too many shooting in hartford and they dont need anymore places that sells guns,so far no one has been shot in hartfod with a shotgun or rifle
[signature]
stands to reason,
people given enuff controled places to fire thier wepons safely releases the need to let off a pop shot in unknown directions.
[signature]
They are also building a cabelas mega store at the sports complex where I work in east rutherford NJ so you know where my lunch time will be spent
[signature]
if i had one that close,i would need another job[crazy]
[signature]
[black]I skimmed the article in the paper and missed the part of the Gov. not wanting it. I'm sure they will come to an agreement for the store. [ like no pistol sales ] I haven't heard of any 12 gauges used in the north end [crazy] so the gun rule is crazy. What a great place to go after the sportsman show in the spring. COME ON Cabelas [/black]
[signature]
with out a doubt it is rough having one near home, I have a gander mountain fifteen minutes north and south of me, bass pro twenty minutes north and cabelas thirty five minutes south.

I have not yet made it to cabelas yet but I hear it is a massive store.

our bass pro shop has its own indoor hand gun range upstairs.....
[signature]
From what I understood the state was pretty supportive. Rell would have very little power to stop Cabelas from coming or selling guns. All you need to sell long guns in CT (for business ) is an FFL (something gov. rell tried to stop but has so far failed at changing). Muzzleloaders don't require anything. Pistols do require a permit to sell pistols and revolvers at retail. That could be hassaled but I thought that was up to the mayor, first selectman, or CLEO. I'm a Republican and NRA member. I can tell you that I don't anticipate voting Rell if she runs for reelection. If I do it's because she's the "best" out of whoever runs.Between her and Rowland, sporting lisence fees went through the roof, more and more guns were banned, and life has stunk more and more. If they do come, and I have not left Connecticut for someplace else, I might consider trying to get a job there![Wink]

BTW: Nationwide only 8% of guns used in crimes (including hunting regulation violations) were purchased legally by the person who committed the crime.
[signature]