Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad hunting year
Been a while since I've posted anything,eh?Well anyway........

I've been having a hard time finding anything to shoot here in Missouri.[unsure]

Turkey season came and went....I didn't see anything.

Same thing with deer season.

Now muzzleloader season has started.......I'm not too confident......[Sad]

About the only thing I CAN find are squirrels.

Anyone else having these problems?
[signature]
well fellow hunter , your not alone . it seems we have the same thing in common , the animals in your neck of the woods as well as mine have E.S.P.

I GO OUT FOR BIRDS I SEE BEAR , I GO OUT FOR DEER I SEE RABBITS , I GO OUT FOR TURKEYS , I SEE DEER . I GO OUT FOR DUCKS , I SEE FISH . I GO FISHING I SEE THEM ALL !

I USED TO GET ALL THE LATEST GEAR , MOST OF LATLEY I HAVE GIVEN AWAY TO OTHERS , WHY ? I WASEN'T CONCENTRATING ON THE NATURAL HUNTING INSTINCTS I WAS BORN WITH . I WAS LETTING ALL THAT JUNK GET IN THE WAY .
I REALIZED THAT WHEN I GO OUT FOR A WALK THRU THE WOODS , I SEE JUST ABOUT EVERY CREATURE THAT IS OUT THERE . WHEN HUNTING ALMOST ZILCH ! WHY ? MY DEMENOR CHANGED , I WAS WALKING AND MOVING LIKE A PREDITOR , ANIMALS SENCE THIS . I HATE TO BRING THIS UP BUT OFF ALL THE BIG BUCKS TAKEN THIS YEAR IN OUR COUNTY , THE BIGGEST WERE TAKEN BY LITTLE OLD LADEYS OR BY YOUNG KIDS . US GUYS JUST GET TOO INTO THE HUNT AND FORGET ABOUT HAVING SOME FUN AND ENJOYING THE EXPERIENCE .
OF COURSE ANOTHER EXPLANATION IS THAT WITH THE DECLINE OF THE FUR HAVEST INDUSTRY IN OUR COUNTRY THE POPULATION OF PREDITORY SPECIES HAS GROWN DRAMATICLY . THUS LESS GAME . IT TAKES A WHILE FOR NATURE TO BALANCE ITSELF , SO WE WAIT , OR , WE GO PREDITOR HUNTING , COYOTES ARE MY FAVORITE IN THIS TYPE OF HUNTING , AND THERE CHEAP TO HAVE TANED OR MOUNTED .
I KNOW IT SUCKS WHEN YOU DON'T BRING ANYTHING BACK , BUT LIKE FISHING , IT BEATS BEING AT WORK ALL DAY !
[signature]
Sounds like you live in Missouri too!(That's where I live)

I go out to hunt the deer and I see a group of 20(I counted them) Turkeys!(Not to mention a few rabbits)

I go out during turkey season and I don't see anything!

I go out for rabbits and,again,I see nothing.

It's so irritating! I know what you mean about forgetting to enjoy your trip in the woods.I often concentrate so hard on finding signs and tracks that I forget to look around me at the trees and other beauties of nature.But still,I find it hard to walk for miles and not come back with anything and still enjoy it.By the time I get back,I'm so tired I think I'm going to drop dead.(There are A LOT of hills in my hunting areas)
[signature]
what happens everytime i go out for the turkeys is that i sit so still that some other animal seems to think i make a good spot to sit on . i've had chipmonks squirrls birds and feildmice climb all over me .

once during deer season i had a turkey come up behind me and start pecking on me .

during goose season i called in a doe with a yearling , hunting coyotes i have seen some of the biggest bucks ever ! and trapping muskrat . i cought some ausome pike . right place wrong time i guess .
[signature]
this years deer take in michigan was down an estimated 15% , most hunters here are complaining of not seeing any deer . musta been because of all thoes unlimited doe permits the car insurance industry lobbyed for during the last few years , of course i can't blame them , it comes down to the hunters who bought them [Sad] . no self controll .
[signature]
I know what you mean.
All my friends had bad luck but for me I did pretty good this year over all.
I shot two bucks this year, 1 was a 10 point and the other was a 4 point. I missed the same 8 point two different days out of the same stand that I shot the 4 point.
Got 10 squirrls
got 5 grouse.
4 rabbits.
7 salmon
and 3 coyotes so far.
done O.K. ice fishing but could have been better. Looking forward to spring steelhead fishing.
[signature]