Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report
Hello All!

Fished the bay this morning on the water at 6:00am from the North parking lot , water temp 72. Went straight to the feedlot and picked up a Wiper in the first ten minutes on a natural rattle trap at about 2.0mph using the trolling motor. Noticed a bunch of dudes around the hump, but it wasn't long before they all went elswhere, not sure if they were on a boil or just flocking to the crowd.

For the next several hours tried nearly every tactic I new, nothin'. At 10:30 decided to try one last spot on the east dike and picked up three good wipers in the exact same spot. Really kind of weird, all three hit when we were headed south and always on the inside pole. We even switched poles and baits and hit the inside anyway. The difference here was I used the big motor and was trolling at about 3.5 - 4.0 mph using a medium diver in 10-12 feet of water, bumping the bottom all the way.

Spoke with another fella at the ramp who picked up a few walleys and wipers all on a Rapala.

Going back tonight to try and find some boils and let my Nephew and Sis. catch a few. Hope to meet some of you all while we are out there. Driving a red extended cab chevy with a dark blue alumaweld BB.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Thanks much for the good report there whit210. Always appreciate the help. [/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I am headed out this evening. Maybe we will see each other. Im in a 14 foot aluminum Gregor with two young boys. Looking for boils.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
when i was there with fishcrazy 8/10 there were wipers boiling all over the place out from the feed lot they would come up and back down in 30-45 seconds threw spoons, lipless just about everything in the box without a bite also found them boiling on the south dike manage 3 on a heldon tiny torpedo something i didn't try by the feedlot anywho those two areas might be worth checking out good luck
[signature]
I was one of those dudes around the island. Managed one kitty west of the island on a worm harness but that was it. There was nothing going on there beyond that. I hit places all over the lake but could only find kitties. I 5 more on on rapps.

I thought I'd seen it all until today. I caught about a 15 lb carp on a #7 silver rapp and he took it in the MOUTH. I was of couse jinxed for the rest of the day. I'm washing the rapp in soap and then throwing a little holy water on it to flush out the demons.
[signature]