Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake X 8/14/2005
After Willard in the morning , I decide to go check out Lake X solo . Nailed about 15 bows on jigs this afternoon . Bows are 30 to 40 foot deep most run 16" to 18" . Tried tossing for some bass but lost my touch . I will be back .
[signature]
Great pic of the sky. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Nice looking bows and Sunset Randy, did I miss your Willard report? Here's a sunset photo I took this weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Randy. Sounds like you are getting a lot of use out of the new boat!
[signature]
No , you didn't miss any report . Only caught one wiper and one walleye sunday morning . Not to hot to report . My boy decided to call it quits with the slow fishing so we quit about 10:30am . Good thing I bought a season pass now . I've been to willard twice and Lake X twice in the last 8 days .
[signature]
Those state park passes sure pay for themselfs when you go out a few times. It sounds like the catching at Willard has slowed down a bunch in the last two week. Maybe I need to try a new lake, next time out, I think I'll check out Pineview. Hope to see you on the water one of these days.
[signature]
Were you fishing at Rock Cliffs or more around the main lake area?
[signature]
If you don't mind telling what part of lake x were you catching those trout and what jigs were you using. Will understand if you don't want to say. Thanks.
[signature]
I don't mind saying where I caught the bows . I was directly east of the Hailstone marina fishing the small coves . I seen lots of them on the fish finder . I was using white with pepper tube jigs in 3" and 4" . A little smell jelly on it but I hooked them with out . I was fishing directly off some drop offs were is was up to 70' deep . But found some as shallow as 24' .Soon as my jig reach them they were hitting it and not shy about it . I trolled a deep diving tail dancer that was 5" in perch and caught one on it at 3mph .
[signature]
Randy, thats some good fishing. You have always had the touch for them bows. Trolling at 3 mph is a little fast is'nt it? LOL.
[signature]
I was using that 30' diving tail dancer I was bouncing bottom at willard that one time we went out . I was trying for a brown at Lake X with no downrigger . I think I hit bottom in about 45' with it or maybe a tree . Almost lost it . Those bows are real easy at Lake X , just don't add bait or they swallow it .I lost 2 jigs to them . It was a little bit rough on the water with the jetskis cruising by so no jigging needed . The boat rocked enough for any action needed to jig with . LOL . I hope to jig a big brown out of there but I need to get a bit deeper water me thinks . You should know me now , if it is on the fishfinder I want to stop and hook it .
[signature]
Sounds like you're making good use of that new boat randy. I've also found that those park passes are a must. If ya ever find yourself on a solo run and want some company, drop me a pm, i'd love to tag along.[cool]
[signature]