Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry 8/28/05
Fished strawberry today with FishingPro40 and VetteDude. Started out a little slow for the first couple hours so we kept moving untill we found a good school over by the ladders. Once we got over the top of the active school we droped jiggs down to them and it was non stop catching. Must of caught 100 fish today. One was a rainbow caught by VetteDude plus a koke caught by FishingPro. We caught at least 10 over the slot cutts and 1 under. The biggest was a 25" 5lb. cutt caught by VetteDude my largest was a 24" 4.4lb. cutt FishingPro caught a 23.5" 4.0 lb. cutt. I included a pic of the fish finder, on the screen you can see alot of active fish and it stayed that way for 5.5 hours.
[signature]
[signature]
i just want to say thanks for the single greatest day of fishing i have ever had
[signature]
You are welcome VetteDude. That was a nice cutt you caught. Congratulations on the big fish of the day and the two spiecies. You are welcome to come any time you would like.
[signature]
Wow Mike, as always, you have definitely mastered vertical jigging at Strawberry.
[signature]
Looks like a lot a fun Mike. Thanks for sharing. I hope to make it up before the end of the summer.
[signature]
MGB you are the king of vertical jigging. Great pics and looks like it was a beautiful day on the pond with great catching! When did you say we are going to get together and go???? Did you use your usual color of jig again?
[signature]
Another great trip it sounds like to me . I'd go give you some competition but I would prefer to chase the harder to catch species in the water . You're already the "Cutt Master" . So where is the koke pic ? Any color on it ?
[signature]
The Koke was red. I dropped it getting it into the boat. I was diaapointed I didn't get a pic, It's the first Koke I have caught that had any color to it.

You are right about MGB being the Jig master. Of the more than a 100 fish caught Mike had more than 50.

Thanks again Mike for another great trip!!
[signature]
Nice report and great photos! Glad you all got into those rolling slime rockets.
[signature]
I used a 2.5" 1/8oz. pearl tube jigg. It was working good the entire time we where on the water. I went threw 12 of them, I need to get back to Hooked Fishing Tackle and get some more.

Lets see whats gong on in a couple weeks and maybe we can hook up then. It might have to be on a Sunday, I have been working Monday thru Saturday and I might have to do it for another 3 weeks.
[signature]
I'm headed over to Hooked on my lunch today to increase my tube inventory.
[signature]
MGB-
Unfortunately sundays don't work for me. I try to keep sundays for church and family. But when your schedule clears up a little and affords you a saturday or even better yet if you can squeeze a tuesday then I am in. I am off work every tuesday and its nice to fish with nobody else on the lake![cool] But i would definetly like to hook up sometime soon. Let me know.
[signature]
[cool] Those are great pics of your last catch; some real fatties there. Sounds like it was much more fun than the last night fishing experience. BigCat laughs because I fell over the embankment at about 12:45 am and that was the end of my fishing evening. But ditto, lets all go again!
[signature]
Ya we caught some real nice fish that Sunday morning and evening. I am heading back up this Sunday, hoping for a repeat.

The next night fishing trip at strawberry should be held when the moon is out. That place can be extremely dark at night when there is no moon.
[signature]