Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishermen For The Hungry Program Underway In Rhode Island
[font "Arial"]PROVIDENCE, RI—The Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) announces that the Hunters And Fishermen For The Hungry program, which has been highly successful in several states, is now underway in Rhode Island. As part of the program, anglers can donate fish to a number of local food kitchens to help those in need. [/font]
[signature]
michigan has a similar program but it is set up only in a few counties and not just any hunter and fisherman can partisipate. only selected hunting and fishing programs are excepted.

I like this idea of RI. I wonder how they handle quality controll? freshness is a major issue along with "TB" in deer and toxic levels of fish. Rabbits carry a nasty little bug that can kill a human untill a heavy frost sets in and kills the rabbit. there are many others like the amount of shot pellets in the animal and many more...

if any one knows I sure would like to hear about it.... also how they store it and how long they store it before dispercing it to those who are economicly challanged.
[signature]