Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Runs on Croton/Hardy Dam in MI?
I'm soughting out the moment and date sometime in September of the salmon runs. Anyone know exactly when salmon will get here?[laugh]
[signature]
Welcome to Bigfishtackle.

depending on gas prices you have come to the right place. Lonehunter will catch up with you shortly.

genneraly if you look at around the begining of october you will run in to the runs.. they are not the same from year to year. this year should be an avrage year.

how far are you looking at driving to get to the dam?
[signature]
the question is not when but how many .
they have been in the rivers since the 4 th of july , but only a few .the huge rush will be in late september , early october for sure . but you want fresh shiney fish and not those half dead black fish don't you ?
i landed several this weekend , kings, coho and some awsome steelies . this weekend i fished the long lake bridge in pentwater township (just below ludington ) , before that i was up in tippy dam .
i couldn't get a thing on regular salmon lures , flys or spawn . i saw a LMB swimming nearby and figured any fish was better than no fish at all .
threw in a rattle trap and WHAM ! First fish was a 16 lb. steelie , fresh crome !
a couple more casts and a 37" king took me for a ride .
after that i had a few fresh coho's to battle .
pretty much wasted thursday and friday morn with all the salmon lures till i tried that rattle trap , but from then on i was limiting out daily within an hour or three , ya' can't beet that for fishing from shore .
hit that dam of yours just before dawn with a chartruse rattletrap , the 4" worked best for me at the bridge . after that hit it at dusk with some spawn or flys .
why the bass lure ?
if the fish want a bass lure instead of a salmon lure, give em' a bass lure , plain and simple , you'll get fish .
welcome to the boards , hope you like it here .
[signature]
Thank you for the reply , I'm not too familiar with the area he spoke of .
I have two weekends left to fish the west side before i start fishing the sunrise side of the mit .
where's your favorite spot for them ?
[signature]